INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can new DSP autoload settings?  (Read 3008 times)

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
Can new DSP autoload settings?
« on: August 30, 2014, 11:25:02 am »

Well , now we do have the golden new feature of being able to save and load DSP settings, per song/track.
But can it auto-load?
I mean if it can not, it would mean the user having to constantly (manually)  load the right settings everytime a song or album changes.
Since a typical user may have tens (if not hundreds) of saved settings, it would be very difficult.
Have you overlooked this?
or is it me, that can not find it?
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

Walt Whitman

• Recent member
Re: Can new DSP autoload settings?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:33:28 am »

I believe this is the answer to your question...

A new tag has been created called DSP. There you can tag the song or album with the appropriate saved DSP setting.

MikeThin

Can new DSP autoload settings?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »

It does auto-load if you tag tracks/songs with a saved DSP, BUT:
  • It doesn't have a 'default' concept, so it is left loaded when you play the next song

• It doesn't understand Zones, so it will trash your zone settings - for example, if you have saved a DSP and tagged a track with that DSP name, playing that track under a different zone will load the output format from the saved DSP, overwriting this zone's settings!  Alternately,  If you just save a DSP with output format unticked, then when you playback a tagged track, it will turn off (untick) output format!

In short, currently its not usable   :(

Hopefully it can be improved, because for me this potentially a fantastic feature...

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:53:51 am »

I do not use this new DSP per Track feature, but I keep reading comments about how it is unusable due to no default DSP setting.  Seems like it should be fairly easy to create one though with just some minor elbow grease.

- Take the current DSP settings that you had been using most often prior to this feature being implemented and save it to a Track.
- Copy that DSP tag to ALL Tracks.
- Create an Auto-Import rule that automatically tags all newly imported Audio Files with this same DSP tag.

You now have a "default" DSP setting.  Edit freely any Tracks you want.  If you play a Track with a "unique" DSP tag that you edited, it will change accordingly.  If you never played the next Track before, or edited its DSP settings, it will now go back to your "default" DSP settings because it is already tagged.

Re:
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:42:12 am »

- Take the current DSP settings that you had been using most often prior to this feature being implemented and save it to a Track.
- Create an Auto-Import rule that automatically tags all newly imported Audio Files with this same DSP tag.

You now have a "default" DSP setting.
That should definitely not be how it is supposed to work.

MikeThin

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 08:58:52 am »

I do not use this new DSP per Track feature, but I keep reading comments about how it is unusable due to no default DSP setting.  Seems like it should be fairly easy to create one though with just some minor elbow grease.

Not having a default DSP is  *** NOT *** the issue - the big problem is that it doesn't work with ZONES or individual DSP items.

When a tagged file plays, depending how you saved the DSP, it will either overwrite all the current settings (inc output format) regardless of the current zone, or untick the options that were unticked when you saved the DSP.

A couple of minor changes would make this great:

1. If you save a DSP with some items unticked, when later loading that DSP, the system should leave the items that were unticked exactly alone/leave as they are now.

2. When you save a DSP, the current zone should be part of the context, and only get loaded by a tagged track when you are playing back in the same zone.

Pretty please...

connersw

Re:
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 01:27:55 pm »

Yeah, I was only thinking of Output Format based on a per Track basis (ie File Type/Sample Rate), and not considering Output Format based on each Zone's hardware capabilities. 

Things like Output Format, Room Correction, and Convolution need to be Zone specific. 

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 02:23:58 pm »

Thanx for the replies.
It does work, but as it was said elsewhere, with "elbow Grease" which defeats "Auto" spirit of things.
But works!
so thanx are in order.
I do trust the developers to finetune this in future builds.
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano
Pages: [1]   Go Up