INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Devialet volume issues  (Read 2492 times)

Rufus McDufus

Devialet volume issues
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:44:22 pm »

Hi - I have MC19 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I'm using it with a Devialet D200 with the Eth input. JRemote version is 3.07. I'm using Devialet AIR version 2.1.2.
I have the following options set away from the defaults in Audio settings on MC -

Devialet AIR (WASAPI) audio device
Maximize device volume during playback
Volume mode: Disabled

This way I ensure max volume from the computer and use only the Devialet remote control.

The problem I have is sporadic. I find if I stop a track in JRemote, the volume on the Devialet drops down to -40dB. This is fairly unusual because it usually sets a minimum volume when you're changing inputs, not just stopping a track.
When I play a track, volume on Devialet jumps to -12dB - but it sounds *loud*. Stop it again. back down to -40dB.  -12dB isn't an unusual volume for me but this seems much louder than it should be - speaker damage territory.

It seems to hinge around 'Maximize volume during playback'. Disable this and all works fine. The volume on the Devialet doesn't even fall back to -40dB when stopping a track.

It doesn't do this all the time either ...

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Devialet volume issues
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:37 pm »

"Maximize device volume during playback" means that the device volume gets set to 100%.
It will be restored to the previous setting (in the Windows mixer) when playback stops.

So you must have reduced volume to -40dB in Windows for it to do this.

Rufus McDufus

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:24:09 pm »

Windows volume is 100% across all apps. Besides I have Disabled Volume set in MC which would surely avoid any interaction with any volumes on the PC?

-40dB is the default volume on the Devialet, but it typically only switches to that on startup or changing sources.
I've no idea why it sets to -12dB on the Devialet on playback.

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 02:44:33 pm »

Windows volume is 100% across all apps. Besides I have Disabled Volume set in MC which would surely avoid any interaction with any volumes on the PC?
Depends
WASAPI has 2 modes
Shared still uses the Win mixer
Check if Options > Audio > Device Settings . Exclusive mode is checked.
Only then the mixer is bypassed

Rufus McDufus

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 02:51:41 pm »

Exclusive mode is checked.
This issue is also intermittent. It seems to have behaved for a week or so that I've been trying MC.
I haven't changed any other defaults (i.e not using clipping protection, voume equalisation, DSP, input plugins or whatever). I think the only other thing I've altered away from defaults is seek time back & forth and pause/stop to 'immediate'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up