INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoreing Library  (Read 6057 times)

930Blue

Restoreing Library
« on: September 06, 2014, 04:32:08 pm »

I just bought a new computer.  I backed-up up my j river library on to a portable hard drive using the library backup feature in J river 18.  I restored my library backup to my new computer with J River but WHENEVER I TRY TO PLAY AN AUDIO FILE I GET THE MESSAGE "FILE COULD NOT BE FOUND. CHECK THE FILE NAME IN YOUR LIBRARY MATCHES THE FILES NAME ON DISC"  Seems like this should be a very basic backup and restore process.
WHAT IS THE SOLUTION HERE?  How do I get my backed up files to successfully restore to J River?  

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Restoreing Library
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 05:19:05 pm »

Maybe the files are at a different spot after the migration?  If so, use Find & Replace in the rename tool.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Restoreing Library
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 05:41:06 pm »

THE RESTORE SAVES THE PATH NAMES. SO EITHER USE THE TOOL AS MATT SUGGESTS OR CHANGE THE DRIVE LETTER/PATH ON YOUR NEW PC TO BE IDENTICAL TO YOUR OLD SET UP.

Now that I got that out of my system  ;) .... So if the old computer, the xternal drive was seen as for example E:\Music  and the new computer happens to be D:\Music the restore is still expecting the music to be in drive E:\. The tool is found under library tools=>Rename move copy files - option is at the top.

Welcome to the forum  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up