INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions for a newcomer to JRiver  (Read 3204 times)

pilotsanon

• Junior Woodchuck
Questions for a newcomer to JRiver
« on: September 09, 2014, 07:04:57 am »

I am new to JRiver, thank you glynor for referring me, and have a lot of questions.  I am attempting to make a move from iTunes mainly because I have too much music for iTunes Match to handle and I am looking for an alternative.  I want to get a few questions answered before I make the big move.

Is the $49.85 purchase price a one-time charge or is it annual like iTunes Match?

I spent the last 3 years organizing iTunes in a way to make it easier for me to find my music such as creating playlist folders and subfolders and playlists by artists and categories.  Example is I created a Various Artists folder and within it are all my compilations and soundtracks.  In iTunes this info is stored on an xml. File.  Is it possible to import this xml File into JRiver so I can have all the playlists and folders back or do I need to create it all again?

During setup of JRiver, it was importing album covers and I had a power failure.  Is it possible to tell it to continue importing where it left off?

Is there an easy way to import new music to JRiver and where does new music go?  Does it automatically add it under the Artist playlist or do I need to move it after it imports?

Can I make Smart Playlists in JRiver? (example: songs without cover art goes to Smart Playlist)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Questions for a newcomer to JRiver
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 05:12:49 pm »

No need to move it as long as you have told it where to look on import.  JRiver really doesn't care about file structure.

Just redo the album art search.
Pages: [1]   Go Up