INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General UI navigation is the main complaint of Gizmo  (Read 1108 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
General UI navigation is the main complaint of Gizmo
« on: September 09, 2014, 11:49:24 am »

Sonos: Clear indicator of the current zone.
Modern design following latest trends in design. (i.e. monochrome controls, "glass" effects)
Clearly defined controls.

JRemote: Need an updated image for comparison, I don't have access to an iPhone right now or I'd post one.
There is still a lot I would personally like to change, but it's a lot better than Gizmo.

Gizmo: Gradients everywhere, the UI looks like it's from a decade ago.
Is that control on the bottom a volume slider or a seek control?
The playlist button should probably not have the same priority as the playback controls. Note how it is a lower-priority in the Sonos UI.
Is a stop button necessary, or is it clutter? (note: I personally prefer to have a stop button and would want the option of using it)

But I think the general UI navigation is the main complaint of Gizmo, not the "Playing Now" view.
I see shots like this:

And my immediate thought is: "Boy, that sure is an Android App" - by which I suppose I mean that it looks like it was built by an engineer rather than a designer.
I would also add that on that screen (taken from here) I have no idea where this person is in the UI.
Clearly it's a track listing, but is that the current playing list? Browsing the library?
Pages: [1]   Go Up