INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metadata changes in MC20 not changing in the files original location.  (Read 1811 times)

sdas

• Recent member

I have just installed MC20. The audio had to be imported again. While using the MC19 I had made many changes in the metadata, like - changing or adding cover art, changing the genre, correcting the names of tracks, etc. I had made numerous changes in the MC19 and it had worked well with all the changes. All my files are in a NAS called disc station in a single mother folder called Music. MC20 asked me to re-import all my files, which I did. MC20 successfully imported everything.

Except without the changes which I had made earlier. Now I have to manually redo weeks of work, getting the cover art, setting the genre right etc, which I thought I already had done once.

My Question: Is there a way to make these changes permanent in the files original location (Disc-Station-NAS in my case)? Once I update the tags, everything in every location changes correspondingly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Metadata changes in MC20 not changing in the files original location.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 11:25:37 am »

Maybe you had tagging disabled on the machine you made changes on?

You can backup your library and restore it to bring all the changes along.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Metadata changes in MC20 not changing in the files original location.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 01:14:44 pm »

Go to File -> Library -> Restore Library.  Browse to the last backed-up Library from MC19.  Make sure both Options are selected and hit OK.

Is your Library now correct again?  If so, select your entire Library, and Right Click -> Library Tools -> Update Tags (from library).

Go to Tools -> Options -> General -> Importing & Tagging and make sure you have Update tags when file info changes checked for the future.

Edit:  Sorry, didn't realize this was the Mac board (I connected from a link).  My steps are for the Windows version, but I would assume the Mac should be similar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up