INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio zone for channels  (Read 1434 times)

afzal

• Recent member
Audio zone for channels
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:51:11 am »

Hello,

Is there a way to have specific audio zone for specific channels.

Meaning I have two audio sources, HDMI for video and USB DAC for music. Is there a way to assign all the music channels in the TV guide to USB DAC Zone?

Thank you,
Afzal

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio zone for channels
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 01:27:01 am »

Check out Zone Switch.

There's an entry in the Wiki under, "Zones".

I haven't done what you're proposing but you should able to set up some logic to make the switch work the way you're thinking.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

afzal

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 07:32:38 pm »

Check out Zone Switch.

There's an entry in the Wiki under, "Zones".

I haven't done what you're proposing but you should able to set up some logic to make the switch work the way you're thinking.

Hi Astromo,

Thanks for your response, I have number of zones setup for different audio and based on music, movies, tv shows etc... But I need some help in figuring out how to setup specific zone for specific channels.

Perhaps smart list with channels, but I haven't been able to get it to work yet. Was hoping someone had already done this.

Thanks,
A

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 04:43:24 am »

Perhaps smart list with channels, but I haven't been able to get it to work yet. Was hoping someone had already done this.

There are times that require the United Space Ship Enterprise manoeuvre:
"... to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before ..."

Firstly, head to the Wiki and read up about Zones / Zone Switch.

Then think about the Zone prioritisation that makes sense for your system because Zone switch starts at the top and moves down the list until the relevant logic is satisfied.

From what I can gather, when you set up a Zone switch rule you should call up [TV Channel Number] within the rule Wizard and select the channels that you want to go to send off for music playback.

Let us know how you go and what would be great is if you could take some image snaps, post them up and that way the next guy can benefit from your detective work..   ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up