INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac - More Install Key issues  (Read 1660 times)

bsn

Mac - More Install Key issues
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:21:38 pm »

I have 3 Macs at home and 1 work issued Mac.  I was able to install MC20 and license two of my Macs using the mjr file without any issue, but on two of my Macs, the mjr key would not work. On the other two Macs, the only way to register was to type my registration code into the registration screen.  As a result, I have depleted two of my 12-month restore codes in just one day and have 8 -restores remaining.  :-[   I don't think that I should be penalized two restores because there is some bug in the registration process.  Is there anyway to get my restore count bumped back up to 10?  After all, this appears to be a bug.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mac - More Install Key issues
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 12:26:51 pm »

As a result, I have depleted two of my 12-month restore codes in just one day and have 8 -restores remaining.  :-[   I don't think that I should be penalized two restores because there is some bug in the registration process.  Is there anyway to get my restore count bumped back up to 10?  After all, this appears to be a bug.

Don't worry about the restores.  If you run out (or are almost out) for legitimate reasons, just come here and explain and they can reset the count for you.  They also automatically drop off after a year.

That limit is there to stop rampant abuse and serial number sharing, not to block customers from using the product.

I run MC on a bunch of computers and all sorts of VMs and stuff, and I've rarely hit the 10-restore limit (that's a lot of wiping and reinstalling from scratch).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mac - More Install Key issues
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 12:29:46 pm »

That said... If you have any more insight into what made the ones that didn't work different, that might be useful.  Some people have reported trouble with the MJR files, though I haven't seen it.  Hard to fix if you can't reproduce it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up