INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What determines portrait vs landscape thumbnails?  (Read 1681 times)

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
What determines portrait vs landscape thumbnails?
« on: September 15, 2014, 07:43:12 pm »

This isn't a problem of epic proportion, but it's still bugging me. In my video collection, I've used the screen grab feature to create thumbnails / cover art. All the grabs are landscape orientation, as you would expect from grabbing a video screen. But a small handful of these are showing up in List Style: Album Thumbnail, Thumbnails, and Tiles views as framed small inside a vertical/portrait frame (like a movie thumbnail would typically use) with the landscape art sized small inside the portrait frame. I've attached a screen shot that circles two problem grabs in one folder, there are more in other folders. If I hover the pointer over the problem thumbnails, the pop-up image appears correctly as a landscape image just like the non-problem thumbnails. It's only that some insist being 'mounted' as a portrait thumbnail in these List styles.

I've rebuilt thumbnails; removed and regrabbed screens; captured full-screen, windowed, etc.; used PrtScr to copy the frame into Photoshop, save as jpg and then load as a Cover Art file instead of a grab, but for the problem videos every new grab mounts in a portrait frame instead of a maximized landscape frame. Is there a way to force the thumbnail frame to landscape when I need to? Is there some characteristic of these videos or their tags that's telling MC to mount them inside a portrait frame? I can't find a distinguishing characteristic.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What determines portrait vs landscape thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:48:28 pm »

Check Media Sub Type tag and see if it is showing Movie for them.... I think some of the thumbnails rely on this tag.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 07:54:09 pm »

Brilliant! That was it. Leaving the tag empty or selecting most of the subtypes fixes the orientation to horizontal. I don't use that tag for my videos but I need to at least clear it in the future. Thanks!!!

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 07:58:29 pm »

Great!!!  Glad that was it!!

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up