INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and multiple DLNA servers in MC  (Read 1789 times)

sdawson

JRemote and multiple DLNA servers in MC
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:11:24 am »

I'm streaming to an Oppo a lot of the time. When I'm just listening casually, I use shuffle mode a lot, and then like to have volume levelling. But if I'm doing "serious" listening, I'd like to have that off. I can set up two different DLNA servers in MC, one with volume levelling, and one without. I can get the Oppo to "pull" music from my choice of servers. And I can use something like 8Player to pick the server and get MC to stream to the Oppo that way. But there doesn't seem to be a way of doing something similar using JRemote (my favourite remote by far, of course). Am I missing something?

Thanks for any pointers.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote and multiple DLNA servers in MC
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:39:01 am »

There is currently no way to switch the default DLNA server from a remote.

If you control playback through the Oppo you can select the different server yourself as you said.
But the remote will always use the currently selected server.

This is something that needs to be added to the MC web service, and it`s not a bad idea.

sdawson

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:40:22 am »

Thanks for that.

You know, it's really not easy to do this even from within MC itself (unless I'm missing something). For real devices like DACs, you can set up multiple zones. So a single DAC can be in two zones with different settings for each (like different DSP settings etc.). Then it's simple to choose which zone to use either from MC or a remote like JRemote or 8Player. But it seems you can only have one instance of a DLNA Renderer. If you have multiple DLNA servers, each with different settings (like one with and one without volume levelling), the only way to choose which one to play from is by right-clicking the Renderer and choosing the "associate with" option. Am I correct in saying this, as far as you're aware?

Thanks very much for the help.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 04:59:22 am »

Yes, as far as I can tell you can only associate a DLNA device with one server.
In order to have this on the remote, we need to add the "Associate with DLNA server" functionality to the web service.

sdawson

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 06:24:00 am »

Thanks. Maybe I'll bring this up with JRiver then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up