INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help create playlist populated by album duration  (Read 2211 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
help create playlist populated by album duration
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:51:24 am »

I'd like to create a playlist with albums that are between 27-35 minutes total.

Catch: I have a field called "Grouping" in which I split releases into "Album" and "Bonus Tracks (for instance). So ideally I'd like the playlist to include only the "Album" tracks of each album proper that combined are between 27-35 minutes.

Can anyone help?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: help create playlist populated by album duration
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 11:58:24 am »

Couldn't you just at look at albums in standard view and click duration; then select those that will meet your parameters?

Denti

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 05:52:52 pm »

I have close to 10,000 albums. Duration only gives track length, not album length. Surely there is a simple formula/expression to display only albums of the length I want in a smartlist.

NNTK

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:28:38 am »

I don't sure this you want.
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [=save(0,v_[album]_duration)1]=1 [=saveadd(v_[album]_duration,[duration, 0])1]=1 [=isrange(load(v_[album]_duration), 1620-2100)]=1In Smartlist click 'Import/Export' then copy and paste above code.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 10:22:48 am »

When I select Audio>Albums and sort by duration the time is by album length, not track length.

Not sure why yours would be different.

NNTK

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 02:15:17 pm »

When I select Audio>Albums and sort by duration the time is by album length, not track length.

Not sure why yours would be different.

I understand that he want to see only albums that are between 27-35 min. And I don't know how to get direct album length from jriver so i create myself.

gappie

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 02:31:09 pm »

I understand that he want to see only albums that are between 27-35 min. And I don't know how to get direct album length from jriver.
you can use global variables in mc to get those values in your tags.. i get the number of tracks, the average rating and the total play time for an album using that.. when you search the forum you might find some helpfull threads like this one from the when it was just introduced http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72049.0

but im not sure for the OP concerning the grouping field that is used.. i just spliited bonus tracks to a seperate album...

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up