INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 and MC19 freezing with Internet Radio only  (Read 1227 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
MC20 and MC19 freezing with Internet Radio only
« on: September 21, 2014, 11:47:19 am »

As of the last week or so, I have started to get freezes (of MC, not the whole PC), but only with Internet Radio stations, not local files, and not files on the LAN.  No changes in the PC, but there have been Windows Updates.  I tried MC19 (build 221) and same thing as with MC20 (build 10).

Does JRiver MC use UDP in some way?  The problem is exactly as described in:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307650

which refers to "Windows Media Player".   I do have ADSL.  The PC is connected to the router with a Gigabit Ethernet wired connection.

UPDATE:  On the same PC, I used the built-in web player at wwoz.org ("listen") in Firefox, and it worked fine without problems for 2 hours.   Then I closed the browser, started MC20 and tuned to WWOZ in MC20 (I have a button that tunes the URL http://50.31.135.43:80/wwoz-hi.mp3 ) and it froze "buffering..." within about 10 minutes.  (And, until I killed the frozen MC20 process, Firefox was not able to be started again.)

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: MC20 and MC19 freezing with Internet Radio only
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 03:17:54 pm »

Anyone have any ideas ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC20 and MC19 freezing with Internet Radio only
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 05:41:48 pm »

No idea sorry.  Something at the network level probably.  You might read the thread about the Sonos that stopped working.  I think it's on the Media Network board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up