INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting according to album  (Read 1840 times)

miketl

Sorting according to album
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:35:23 am »

Hello,

I have a few albums from the same artist. The files have been ripped from different CD's and they all carry the same album name they reside in separate folder per the ripped CD. If I go to Audio->Artists it is sorted according to the album's name but in the same album I have multiple occurrences of the files taken from the different folders. Is it possible to have the albums sorted according to their physical folder structure so although the album is the same it will have more than one occurrence of the same album?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Sorting according to album
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 10:24:19 am »

Is it possible to have the albums sorted according to their physical folder structure

Sure.  Set the sorting to be based on Filename.  You set sorting from the header text at the top of the view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 04:57:44 pm »

That's a good suggestion.

My long term way of dealing with this is to have a Keyword named "Hidden", and the View is set to not show anything with that Keyword.

Then I compare any multiple versions of any album, and set "Hidden" for all except my preferred version.

But certainly you might want to hear the album before getting around to that "housekeeping" task.

miketl

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 12:27:29 am »

I think that I am a little bit misunderstood. Artist -> Album will have only one album per the same artist. If the artist will have the same album more than once it will list the files with the same name more than once in the album title. What I am asking is it possible to have multiple occurrences of the same album per one artist?

Thanks

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 09:44:41 am »

I do that by adding an additional phrase to the album name, e.g. Tenor Madness, Tenor Madness - Vinyl, Tenor Madness - Hi Rez. If they are different remastering, you can put that information in the album name. That separates the albums and makes it easy to identify the different albums when listening. You can also use a different field to specify the modifier and sort by album and that field. You can then get albums stacked by the additional field. But that gets more complicated. I elected the simple approach.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 10:17:32 am »

I do what DTC does -- Album x; Album x [1994 Remaster ] etc.. Do do your retagging you can do what matt suggested for easy access. Although I tend to cull them and just get rid of the versions I don't like as much. So many remasters and best-ofs are over compressed dreck with no dynamics. Still nice to know what version you have kept though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up