INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist name in Standard view gone?  (Read 1443 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Artist name in Standard view gone?
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:28:45 am »

Hi
After upgrading to MC 20 the artist name ex. By John Mayall is gone. Please see the picture in red.
Is this speciell or MC 20 or can I get this back by doing some setting?
JRiver for music

Arindelle

Re: Artist name in Standard view gone?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:13:05 am »

no not special. Open the tag window and make sure the album artist and artist field is filled in. Maybe post another screenshot with the tag info

Is this just for Mayall or all your music? Did you upgrade from 19 or jump versions? 

Captor

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 11:35:15 am »

Sure, here comes another screenshot on taginformation. Gunīs and Roses this time. It is same for all artists and albums.
I updated from MC 19 to MC 20.
JRiver for music

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 12:36:02 pm »

hmm sorry that doesn't help I see the artist field but not the albumartist field in the tag window. Make it visible by clicking in the tab window top left hand corner; also show ALBUM ARTIST.

Pretty sure its empty. Might have something to do with how you upgraded; normally you would leave version 19 in place upgrade to twenty and everything is ported automatically.  First check if this data is missing. If this is the case there's a couple things we can try. If not, with version 19 installed, probably should remove version 20 and resintall the upgrade.

If the albumartist field is blank, I would first make a backup of the existing library File=>Library=>Backup

Then restore your last functioning backup from when this worked right (last one from 19?). I'm not talking about the physical backup of the files here (I assume you have that though just in case, right? ;) )

You probably should run a manual autoimport making sure the fix external changes option (protect drives) is checked for anything added to the library after you upgraded. I would also make sure that MC is writing the tag field to the tag embedded in the file for Album artist and any other critical field for that matter. If it has been configured to do this and the library restore does'nt work to your liking, we can do something else by writing back the tags in the files to the library.

If you have just done the upgrade and still have 19 on your PC a reinstall might be simpler. I'd like to make sure you are handling the album artist field correctly (if you've ported over from itunes to version 19 this could be a good thing to straighten out regardless)

connersw

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 01:14:03 pm »

Before you do all that, I'm guessing it is a much simpler issue. 

Click on the little down arrow in the tab and check what Group By is set to.  The XXX Album by XXX Artist is a special default of the special Album preset.  If it is set to anything else, it just shows that Field (including Album (by date) or More Sort Groups -> Album which just show the Album Field like you are seeing). 

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 02:11:30 pm »

Didn't notice that. Yes could be right Connor. I assumed this was happening in all of the OPs views. I'd still check the field just to be sure. Curious that it showed up under 19 and not 20 if that was the same view and it hasn't been modified though

Captor

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 02:24:56 pm »

Hi guys, I have got some router problem that i have to deal with first. I come back to you about your proposals tomorrow.
JRiver for music

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 03:35:06 am »

the more I look at the screenshot, the more it looks like the tabs is filtering the albumartist field. Check anyways the albumartistfield but I bet Connor is right and no need to restore anything.

Captor

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 01:11:10 pm »

Hi again guys
Sorry for my absence! I got some serious router- and network problem. But that is solved now I hope.
You were right! When I clicked on the small arrow and Group By it was set to "Album by date".
I tried some different settings and found out that the one I was looking for is "Album" only.
That was it! I am glad you helped me out and that it wasnīt more serious than that :-)
Thank you very much, guys! Very appreciated.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 01:38:05 pm »

One more small question about this issue: Is it possible to get the same view on playlists like on audio - artist view? The picture sent before is Standard View in View and then in the meny to the left Audio - Artist. I can the see all the album art for the different CDīs under that certain artist.
But If I change to a playlist for example mine Favourites then the view is total different.
I have try to use the small arrow that helped me before but there are different options in the Favourite tab than in the Gunīs and Roses tab. In the favourite tab there I can chose List style, Group by, Sort inside groups by, Columns. And in the Gunīs and Roses tab I can chose List style, Group by, Columns and thats it concerning the view. It looks like I can never get the same view. Is that correct? It is not very important for me but would be nice though :-)
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up