INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 CD buffers to 17% then stalls  (Read 1120 times)

Endlessdeep

MC20 CD buffers to 17% then stalls
« on: October 02, 2014, 01:35:09 pm »

Hi all, I've just downloaded and installed the trial version of MC20. I've imported my music and it all works well however when I try and play a CD direct from the drive MC (after recognising and showing the details of the disc) buffers to approx 17% and stays there, I hear a second or two of music, then nothing. MC freezes and I'm unable to close the program (even via Task Manager). I need to reboot in order to use MC again but the CD playback problem still persists.
The CD's play back fine in iTunes & Windows Media Player. I have run MC20 as an administrator and disabled my anti-virus (Avast). I have tried with WASAPI having exclusive and not having exclusive use of the audio hardware, but still the same thing happens.
I've had a look in the faq but didn't see anything that related to my problem.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me try and rectify the problem.

Many thanks

Endlessdeep

Re: MC20 CD buffers to 17% then stalls
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 01:32:35 am »

Further to the above, the fact that the CD buffers prior to playing tells me that MC is buffering the CD to the memory and then playing from the memory. Is there any way I can override this and get MC to play directly from the CD drive and not buffer?
Also, I noticed from the Wiki that if there's a problem with CD playback then I should turn off the "Use digital playback" option in Tools>Options>CD. Is this still relevant as I cannot find this option in MC20? My drive is a Pioneer BDR-208DBK and I'm running Win 7 so I doubt this is the problem but it's always worth checking  ;)
When I get home I'm going to try and run MC in safe mode to see if any other programs are causing this but at the moment it appears to be a buffering/playback problem as I don't encounter the same thing when using other media players.  :(

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 07:06:24 am »

Further to the above, the fact that the CD buffers prior to playing tells me that MC is buffering the CD to the memory and then playing from the memory. Is there any way I can override this and get MC to play directly from the CD drive and not buffer?
Also, I noticed from the Wiki that if there's a problem with CD playback then I should turn off the "Use digital playback" option in Tools>Options>CD. Is this still relevant as I cannot find this option in MC20? My drive is a Pioneer BDR-208DBK and I'm running Win 7 so I doubt this is the problem but it's always worth checking  ;)
When I get home I'm going to try and run MC in safe mode to see if any other programs are causing this but at the moment it appears to be a buffering/playback problem as I don't encounter the same thing when using other media players.  :(

Under Tools>Options>Audio there is a box/selection called "Play files from memory instead of disk". See if this box is checked.

Endlessdeep

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 01:36:20 pm »

Nope, that box is unchecked.  :(

Thanks for your reply though
Pages: [1]   Go Up