INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Does Not Show Album Cover Art while MC Shows It  (Read 2146 times)

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
JRemote Does Not Show Album Cover Art while MC Shows It
« on: October 04, 2014, 03:30:58 pm »

Is there a reason why JRemote on my iPad and iPhone does not show some album cover art, even if it is showing in Media Center? It is embedded in the files, as well as present as Folder.jpg.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote Does Not Show Album Cover Art while MC Shows It
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 12:26:41 pm »

Am I the only person who is experiencing this problem?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 03:30:30 pm »

Just to be clear, are you talking about the "Now playing" screen or while browsing?

Is your music server using the library from another computer? I have found that in some instances this may cause some covers not to load.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 05:14:12 pm »

Hi Lespaul, I was referring to lack of album art while browsing. The library is on the same Mac to which JRemote is connecting to. However, it seems this might have been a transient problem, because several of yesterday's missing images have started appearing this evening, some 24 hours since I've added those tracks to this library. Some are still missing for the newer tracks, so perhaps they'll materialise tomorrow.

I'll report their progress in 24 hours. In any case, many thanks for your help.

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 02:59:56 pm »

Am I the only person who is experiencing this problem?

I just posted a similar issue.  I don't have any content in the "recent" view although there is a place holder (blank cover art) for the recently added music yet I can see the correct information in the "artist" or "album" view.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 03:43:00 pm »

I'm away from home at the moment, but I'll let you know if the issue has self-resolved when I am back.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 04:52:43 am »

I can now confirm that JRemote ends up updating the previously missing art about 24 hours after the music has been added. I have no idea why, but no amount of restarts of JRemote or MC (running on a Mac) can speed this up. In the end, I don't mind this issue anymore, as patience helps.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 11:50:32 am »

This sounds really weird to me. Especially when a restart of neither JRemote or MC helps.

JRemote caches images in memory, but these are recycled continuously. This is most likely not the issue here.
I am not able to reproduce the issue, so for the moment let`s just see if a future update of MC fixes the problem for you.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 11:57:50 am »

Thanks, Lespaul, I can live with it as-is, and I'll report if a future version made the issue go away (or if I find a different cause).
Pages: [1]   Go Up