INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the bitrate of the DAC in the Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter throttled  (Read 2394 times)

scubarob

• Recent member

Been searching for a few days now to determine if Apple is throttling back the output of the Wolfson WM8533 DAC which is used in the lightning to 30 pin adapter. I am using JRemote on an iPhone with the lightning adapter and a Sendstation PocketDock Line Out Mini USB plugged into the 30 pin side of the adapter. The specs on the DAC indicate the capability of 192 kHz. I have not been able to find any test results to determine the bitrate which is leaving the line out jack of the PocketDock. i.e. when playing a 192 kHz file, is a 192 kHz bitrate leaving or is it throttled back to 48 or 44.1 KHz?

scubarob

• Recent member

I have noted that using the Apple Camera Kit with USB output is an often used configuration. This does not limit the bitrate but requires a supported external DAC. Was hoping that others had gone the route of utilizing the internal DAC of the lightning adapter and noted the bitrate, or come across testing results of others. Thanks

thm655321

• Junior Woodchuck

I am very interested in the answer to this too.  I tried out the Onkyo HD player app (in advance of JRemote having local download capability) and noticed with the lightning to 30-pin adapter that the output was limited to 48Khz regardless of the native file frequency.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up