INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback stops after ~20 min  (Read 3530 times)

calculadoru

• Recent member
Playback stops after ~20 min
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:44:23 am »

Hi,

Bit of an odd problem - I have JRiver installed on two machines, one HTPC and one desktop PC for quick music/video playback. On the HTPC it works flawlessly (although I need to upgrade to ver. 20 already...still on 17 - will rectify!), picture, sound, Gizmo etc. On the desktop, no matter what I do, after ~20 min of playback (whether a local or a network file, audio or video, playlist, etc) the playback stops. I should note that the PC does not go to sleep, it's still very much on, and the moment I touch the mouse JRiver resumes play instantaneously - but no matter what I do, it always stops. It's got to the point where I made it a habit to touch a keyboard key or move the mouse every ten minutes, just so playback will continue.
Both machines have Win 7 installed on SSDs, and the media is on large HDDs. All disks are set to never go to sleep. The desktop monitor is set to go off after one hour. All sound is piped through amps, not monitor/TV.

I've looked through all the options but cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Any idea, anyone?

Many thanks in advance,

Doru

rods

• Recent member
Re: Playback stops after ~20 min
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 04:27:08 am »

I had a similar problem, in that it stopped play after approx. 20 mins.
I had originally run the library from a hard disk plugged directly into the pc, but when I changed to a NAS and ran the library from that, had the same thing of it stopping after about 20 mins.
I fixed it by uninstalling JRiver, removing references to JRiver from the windows registry, then reinstalling JRiver and setting up library to see NAS drive.

Pages: [1]   Go Up