INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi-res FLAC to ALAC Conversion for sync to ipod Classic - timing issues  (Read 2113 times)

Burleyman

I've been converting FLAC to ALAC for sync to my 160gb Classic for a long time with no issues.

Recently I have noticed the converted ALAC doesn't sound quite right as if the timing is fractions of a second slower than what it should be. These are songs I have listened to for 20 years and I am 100% certain they do not sound right anymore.

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck

Having same issue however some of the songs are grossly slow - as in they sound as if an effect where applied to play at 1/5 normal playback speed.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck

Saw this in another thread:

Quote from: f.ammollo on April 27, 2015, 03:06:11 pm

Hello,

the solution is to apply the DSP upon file conversion is order to limit the bit rate... the maximum supported by the iPods is 48KHz,
so I generally convert them this way:

96KHz -> 48KHz
and so on with the others (I try to divide by 2, I don't know if it's better and/or faster)

etc...
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up