INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manage Links - Search URL for Amazon & All Music Guide  (Read 4512 times)

crusader56

• Recent member
Manage Links - Search URL for Amazon & All Music Guide
« on: October 10, 2014, 06:38:17 am »

Hi
I use this search on Amazon heaps.

It annoys me that when I click on the Amazon Search it takes me to the Digital page when I want to go to the CD Vinyl one.

In my floundering I have also stuffed up All Music which was working perfectly  ?

I would appreciate if you knowledgeable folk would tell me which URL's I need to insert for searching from Playing Now for both of these sites.  :)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Manage Links - Search URL for Amazon & All Music Guide
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 06:56:32 am »

connersw

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 07:11:42 am »

Rather than rebuilding the URL, just copy the code below and use Paste Link Information From Clipboard in the Managed Links Window for whichever link you are editing (or Add...to add a new one).

Amazon CDs & Vinyl:  This link only shows up for Audio, and it only searches CDs & Vinyl
Code: [Select]
<Link version="1.2">
<Item Name="Name">Amazon CDs &amp; Vinyl</Item>
<Item Name="Action">1</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">http://www.amazon.com</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">http:////www.amazon.com//s//ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&amp;field-keywords=Hexify([Search])</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[Media Type]=[Audio]</Item>
</Link>

Amazon: This link shows up for Audio and Video, and it searches all of Amazon.  I keep it as a separate link for Audio to find concert DVDs, merch, etc
<Link version="1.2">
<Item Name="Name">Amazon</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">http://www.amazon.com</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">http:////www.amazon.com//s//ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&amp;field-keywords=ifelse(isequal([Media Sub Type], TV Show), Hexify([Series]),  isequal([Media Sub Type], Educational, 1), Hexify([Series]), 1, Hexify([Search]))</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[Media Type]=[Image],[TV],[Video],[Audio] -[Media Sub Type]=[Home Video]</Item>
</Link>

Amazon MP3:  I still keep this one too just to find MP3s (although I think I've only bought one once)
<Link version="1.2">
<Item Name="Name">Amazon MP3</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">[AmazonBaseURL]</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">[AmazonArtistSearchURL]</Item>
</Link>

AMG:  Not sure if this is the Default AMG link (I've modified my links quite a bit), but this is what I use.
<Link version="1.2">
<Item Name="Name">AMG</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">http://www.allmusic.com</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">http:////www.allmusic.com//search//artist//Hexify([Search])</Item>
</Link>

You'll notice all my links Open in external browser because I think IE and Chromium run too slow within MC.  You can easily change that after pasting the code by using the Action drop down menu in the Manage Links Window.

crusader56

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 10:20:10 pm »

Inflatable Mouse and Connersw Thanks so much I have not only my links back but you have given me the tools to explore other options with my links.
I am extremely grateful & thanks for your quick response.
I imagine this will assist other Interacters as well!!  :) :) :) :)

bobkatz

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:45:49 pm »

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum. I have no idea how and why the URL links appear and disappear in the links bar near the top of standard view. When I created a new zone to play YouTube videos recently the YouTube link disappeared from that bar...  When pressing the start button that creates a new tab there are no links at all in the bar. It's a mystery to me. The topic "Manage Links" is not in the Wiki and searching for the word "links" gives me a lot of information that I don't know what it's for or how to do it. Clearly this is a part of MC that I've never used up to now and all I'm trying to do is get the YouTube link to appear and stay in the links bar!

I can right click on a link and choose "manage links" but for the life of me I can't make the Youtube link appear in the bar although it is showing in the manage links window. I see no options to put any of those links in the bar....   I can change to some other zones I have created and used which have the Youtube link but can't figure out how to keep that link in my preferred zone. Right now after adding some tabs and taking them away, the links are all gone in the links bar in my preferred zone! The only way I can access Youtube so far in my preferred zone is to choose from videos/connected media in the left hand column.

Must be something basic I'm missing! Thanks for any help. MC 20 PC.

bobkatz

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 03:04:11 pm »

Very interesting. I have no idea why, but suddenly all six links, including YouTube, are now there at the top of the links bar in my zone. I'm going to quit and relaunch MC and see what happens. Well, after choosing the zone, the links appear. But the mystery remains in my mind. How, for example, would I make the links appear after creating a new tab labeled "start"?

bobkatz

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 09:43:51 am »

I haven't seen any replies to this... is any expert actually reading this topic and looking for new posts?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 09:52:44 am »

We all read. Generally, if there's no reply, it means no-one knows.

The links will appear and disappear based on the media types in the file list. When setting up links, if you specify in the search that "[Media Type]=[Audio]" for example, then those links will only show when you have a list of audio files. That way, the links are always relevant to the content you are browsing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up