INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cue File Problem  (Read 1892 times)

Nev

• Recent member
Cue File Problem
« on: December 11, 2014, 01:15:17 pm »

Hello All !!!

I have been using JRiver for a few years now and i have recently upgraded to version 20.

However i have found an issue which may be a bug.

It involves FLAC files and cue files.

In previous versions of JRiver if i had a FLAC album which was in ONE file i could use 'Open Media File' and load up just the Cue file {in same folder as FLAC file} and the album would show up with all the individual tracks and titles etc - and then i could convert to MP3 or back to FLAC to have the album in individual files {i.e for my phone etc.}
This facility no longer works and track one is always incorrect - it is now the complete large file - then it lists track two, track three etc.

I have reinstalled version 19 and everything works fine

If it is a bug will it be fixed !?

Nev

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cue File Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:42:43 pm »

There have been some hassles with .cue files.

Suggest you load the latest version of MC and try again. If that doesn't work come back and tell us what happened.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Nev

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 03:58:35 am »

Hello Astromo

Thanks for your reply

I can confirm that i am using the latest version of J River media Center 20

However i cant recall if i had this cue sheet problem with the initial version of MC20 or just later updates

Like i stated before it works on MC19

So to be a bit more clear about the problem i will try to explain it better.

If i have a FLAC album in one large file and there is the cue sheet for the file in the same folder i could just 'load' the cue file into MC and it would display the album in individual tracks (with the relevant information) and you could pick any track to play.
This was useful as it also allowed me to convert the audio file into individual files for use on other devices.

The problem is that when i now load the cue file the tracks are incorrect:

Track one is displayed as the complete large (single) file - with the correct track one missing - then the track listing follows in the correct order

So on a 10 track album the listing would go:

track 1 - complete album in one file (of several hundred meg)(with correct track one missing)
track 2 - ok
tarck 3 - ok
track 4 - ok
track 5 - ok
track 5 - ok
track 6 - ok
track 7 - ok
track 8 - ok
track 9 - ok
track 10 - ok

I hope this helps!!!?

Nev

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 04:08:57 am »

Which version of MC20 are you using?
I just tried this with 20.0.48, opened a .cue file and "Playing Now" now contains all the tracks with their proper duration, including the first one.

There were some changes for CUE files recently that fixed problems in earlier MC20 versions, so please make sure you're running the latest version of MC and try again. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Nev

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 05:31:14 am »

OK Thanks Hendrick

I am using THE absolute latest (stable) version of MC20

I am assuming that the files used tested were created byMC20??

The files i have problems with are from other software or sources - so maybe there is now an incomapability issue with the cue files which did NOT exist before.

It is just that it has ALWAYS worked in earlier versions of MC

Would it be possible to upload sample files direct to JRiver or someone who can do some testing on this issue !??

Maybe just the cue file for someone to look at?

Thanks

Nev

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 05:38:28 am »

Please check the actual version you are using and provide that information here. "Latest" is unfortunately not helpful, as latest can change at any point.
And no, these files are not created with MC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 07:13:30 am »

Which version of MC20 are you using?
I just tried this with 20.0.48 ...

By latest I meant the top of the board, in line with Hendrik's advice, available from here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94083.0
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Nev

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 02:51:20 pm »

For Hendrik and Astromo

OK thanks again !!

I can confirm that i am running MC 20.0.47

I have now installed MC 20.0.48 and all is now well !!

The files that previously did not work are now OK !!

As i understand it MC 20.0.48 is in Testing Stage at the moment so i will wait for the next Official Update from J River (via automatic update) and hopefully all will be well again !!

Many Thanks for all of your help

Nev

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 03:29:26 pm »

Nev, I've been working with the latest releases for some time and it's really not living life dangerously. After 20 versions MC is stable and the incremental changes are not that much of a step into the unknown.

I'd suggest in this case that you stay with build 48 and see how you go. If you strike a problem, let us know here and you've always got the backstop of rolling back to a previous build. If you're happy to wait, fair enough.

Nev

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 01:27:28 am »

OK thanks Astromo

I will continue to use MC 20.0.48 as advised

Cheers

Nev

Pages: [1]   Go Up