INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time Before YADB Data Available  (Read 914 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Time Before YADB Data Available
« on: October 12, 2014, 10:00:50 am »

Hi, I was just wondering how long it takes after submitting a track listing the the YADB online database before it is available for lookup.

Basically, a vast number of my CD collection was ripped to either MP3 or OGG format way before I started using MC. Now I am gradually re-ripping all my CD's to flac format but when the online lookup is being performed there are either no results or the results are not suitable. So, for the albums in question I have submitted my existing library entry which is tagged and formatted correctly in the hope that when I attempt to re-rip the CD the ealier submitted results will be available. However, as yet my submitted info does not appear to be available after a few hours.

So basically I'm not sure how the system works and I just wanted to know if the results should be available instantly or if they have to be checked before they are made available which would obviously explain the delay.

Thanks

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Time Before YADB Data Available
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 06:00:05 pm »

The implementation is a bit flaky.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
In my case most of the time it doesn't

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87189.0

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 03:55:51 pm »

I use musicbrainz Picard for this job. It finds all. I gave up on yadb long time ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up