INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote 3.08 bug report  (Read 2231 times)

Crom

• Recent member
JRemote 3.08 bug report
« on: October 04, 2014, 04:14:51 pm »

when you put the same song into a playlist more than once...when the player reaches the second, jriver jumps to the first entry of that song rather than playing the second.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote 3.08 bug report
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »

Do you mean when streaming to device? I will test it tomorrow morning.

Crom

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 05:02:43 pm »

Sorry, no. I've done a bit more digging and it's not the playback order that's incorrect it's the fact that the lplaylist on jremote jumps to the first instance of the song. I am controlling an installation of jriver from jremote. JRemote is just playing out of the pc it's installed on and into a usb dac. On jremote I create a playlist which has about 300 tracks on it. I happened to add the same track twice and clicked the second instance of the track to play it. The visual representation of the playlist in jremote 'jumped' to the first instance of the track. The track was played and then the next track played (the next track being the track following the second instance of the track, even though jremote was showing the next track as being the next track following the first onstance of the song). After a few seconds, the playlist jumps back to the correct place. Hope this makes more sense :-)

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 01:34:54 am »

Crom, I have found that this is indeed a bug. I will include a fix for the next release.
Thank you for describing the problem in detail.

Crom

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 05:00:33 pm »

Nice one. Glad to help :-)

...any chance we could have the volume control's visibility controllable as an option in settings in the next version too?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:30 am »

Not in this next one. I could simply toggle the visibility of it but that would look weird.
To to this right, I should probably add several "layout" options, where one of them does not include the volume control.

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

Fixed in 3.01, but back in 3.08: full resolution image not showing when thumbnail tapped in metadata view.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 03:44:17 am »

Fixed in 3.01, but back in 3.08: full resolution image not showing when thumbnail tapped in metadata view.

Yep, sorry about that, this is fixed in the next version already submitted to the app store.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 12:09:14 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug or not but....  When I rip a new CD and import into JRiver (20), the new CD rarely shows up under any category (i.e. Genres) in JRemote.  However, it does show up correctly in JRiver.  I can search for the new CD in JRemote under artist but the CD rarely appears directly during my initial attempt to play.  If I unload and reload JRemote several times, the CD will eventually show up under the correct category. 

Just to be clear, I'll give you an example.  I ripped Dr John, Duke Elegant and tagged it under a Genres category "New Orleans."  It imported and showed up in JRiver correctly.  Later that evening, I went to play the newly ripped CD.  As I usually do, I looked for it under the Genres category "New Orleans."  The new CD did not show.  I unloaded JRemote from my IPhone and reloaded.  Still no Duke Elegant.  I unloaded and reloaded a couple more times and there it was, Duke Elegant under the correct Genres category. 

Is there a trick to updating the list after importing new CD's? 

Thanks, Dale

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 04:09:30 pm »

I have not had any issues with this myself as long as you reconnect or refresh the views in JRemote after adding your music.
Your issue has been reported by others recently, so it may be an issue with a specific MC version.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 07:53:10 pm »

Thanks for the response.  Tried again today and had the same problem.  Tried unloading MC20 and media server after importing several CDs.  After reloading, JRemote found all albums correctly.  At
East now I know what to do after importing new music.

Thanks for a great product.  I look forward to being able to add songs to an existing MC playlist soon.

Dale

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 08:33:39 am »

You should not really have to restart MC after importing music, but I guess it`s a good temporary solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up