INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Grouping tag  (Read 1831 times)

Brovig

• Recent member
Problem with Grouping tag
« on: October 14, 2014, 03:56:51 pm »

I typically use the tag editor MP3tag to edit tags and thereafter import the files into MC19 (it's much faster). All tags show up consistently as expected when I import the file into MC19 (and MC20) except the Grouping tag (also known as Contentgroup). The content shows up nearly always as blank. Conversely, if I update this field within MC19/20 and subsequently open it in the MP3tag editor, the content shows up in the same tag field as if I had done in natively in MP3tag.

Any thoughts as to what makes the Grouping tag so different?

MC20, Win6x64

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Problem with Grouping tag
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:58:15 pm »

I also use mp3tag and have noticed this with some other tag boxes...not sure y some work and some don't... I fixed mine by making a new box im mp3tag....just a thought...btw i don't use the grouping tag...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Brovig

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 05:58:05 pm »

Thanks for your response! Good to see I'm not alone in having this problem.

I think I understand how a new box can be added in MP3tag, but how did you know how to define it so as to conform with MC19's handling of the tag?

~OHM~

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:10:12 pm »

v2.61a is what I'm on now....should be the same or very close for most versions....tools>tag panel>then choose the square box with the yellow star>look for the tag u need, if not listed check MC and spell it just as MC does. actually check MC first so u choose the correct one if it's listed....now no guarantee it will work but the one i made does...good luck and let me know....oh it never hurts to do a total shutdown and restart of pc after making these changes.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Brovig

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 12:29:17 pm »

I had forgotten but it turns out I already am using the Tag Panel in my attempt to capture the Grouping tag. I define it with field CONTENTGROUP which is the field/tag MC uses. But here's what's weird:

When MP3tag is used to insert non-blank CONTENTGROUP, it gets read/displayed by MC as blank.

When MC is used to insert non-blank CONTENTGROUP, it is read/displayed by MP3tag correctly as non-blank.

I don't know what to conclude it, whether the issue is with MC or MP3tag!

LATER: I've now resolved the issue! I used Tag Panel as you suggested but rather than select CONTENTGROUP, one of the available tags, I simply manually entered the name GROUPING - which was not one of the tags listed - just to see what it would do. And it turns out that works!

Thank you kindly for your help!

~OHM~

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 02:50:36 pm »

Great Job...thanks for letting me know u got it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up