INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recordings not converting to ts  (Read 1644 times)

crawfofd

• World Citizen
Recordings not converting to ts
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:08:24 pm »

I currently have tv recordings set to .ts for output. Does not happen all the time but it is getting quite regular that the recordings that are saved in a directory are not be transferred to a .ts file.   Two questions, 1 does anyone know why this would do this, and 2 how can I convert what is in the recorded directories to a .ts file.

Any help would be appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recordings not converting to ts
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:50:34 pm »

When MC is set to do TV recordings in TS format, it doesn't convert the JTV files to TS at the end of the recording. It saves the TS files directly during the recording. You probably don't see them during the recording as they would be temporary files until the recording was done. The JTV files and directory are just used for Time Shifting in that case.

So if the TS files are not turning up once the recording is finished, something is going wrong with your recordings. Either they aren't starting, or aren't finished yet, or the TS files failed to write to disk. Or I guess maybe you just can't find them. Use the "recent" view in TheatreView to find recently completed recordings. If directories containing JTV files are being left behind after a recording session and the Time Shift time has passed, then something is wrong. There have been some issues with JTV directories being left behind instead of being cleared up recently. Maybe what you are seeing is related. Some of that problem was supposed to be fixed in MC20.0.21, but those fixes were related to watching TV on a MC client rather than a server. If you are using a client, this could be related to your problem.

MC does have a utility to convert video and audio to new formats, but it will only save stereo sound, not 5.1 channel sound commonly available in recordings. It has a limited range of predetermined file format profiles to choose from. It will convert from JTV to another format though, and even to TS formats. You must run the conversion on the server, as it won't be an available option a MC client, the option will be greyed out. Find the recording in Standard View, however you prefer best. I use the Video > Files drill down usually. Then either Right Click on the recording and select Library Tools > Convert Format, or select Tools > Library Tools > Convert Format from the menu.

If you would like to have the benefits of recording using the JTV, and then be able to convert recordings into a single file, while also trimming the end and cutting out commercials, get over to this thread and add your support: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92571.0
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 07:43:06 am »

Thanks for your reply RoderickGI,

Good info. You would'nt have a place to go where I could find all that info or is it stretched everywhere? 

The recordings were started from a subscription and should have just recorded. I do not have a .TS file and looking into the recording directory of the recording there is no jtv file just CNK/JTA/JTI/JTR/JTS files.  I don't know if this makes a difference but both the recordings that did not finish were being recorded at the same time. One has 15gb worth of files and the other has 1154kb of files and has only JTA/JTV/JTI/JTS files.

The other thing that happened, when I went to check the status of MC it was hung, the media server was running but was not able to launch media center.

I am running the new MC 20.0.25

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 12:45:10 am »

You would'nt have a place to go where I could find all that info or is it stretched everywhere? 
It is spread out everywhere. Mostly I have learned it through interactions with Yaobing on the forum, and trying to get stuff fixed.

This is a good post to read though: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92387.msg636416#msg636416

The recordings were started from a subscription and should have just recorded. I do not have a .TS file and looking into the recording directory of the recording there is no jtv file just CNK/JTA/JTI/JTR/JTS files.  I don't know if this makes a difference but both the recordings that did not finish were being recorded at the same time. One has 15gb worth of files and the other has 1154kb of files and has only JTA/JTV/JTI/JTS files.

The other thing that happened, when I went to check the status of MC it was hung, the media server was running but was not able to launch media center.

I am running the new MC 20.0.25
If you didn't have a JTV file, and MC was hung, not able restart, then there was probably a problem writing the JTV file, and it was lost. Same with the CNK file in the second recording. Those files you saw are part of a Time Shifting session, left over because MC crashed. Since you are running the latest version, you must have upgraded recently. Did you do a full reboot after the upgrade? I have started to do that these days as I have seen a few little niggling things that are avoided by rebooting. It isn't a bad idea to reboot the HTPC every now and then anyway.

In this case, as you missed just two recordings and there was an obvious problem with MC not restarting, I would just do a reboot and watch to see that recordings are working properly from then on. Perhaps set up a few recordings of programs you don't want to keep, but are about to air, to see if they work okay.

If the problem has disappeared, don't worry about it. If it continues, raise the issue again. There have been a few reports of crashes in MC20 recently, so maybe this is the underlying cause for you as well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 06:06:58 am »

Thanks RoderickGI for your reply, I did a reboot and so far it's seems to be working. Time will tell.
I will also check out the link you gave me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up