INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver first reactions... search issues within playlists, duplicates, eq'ing  (Read 1348 times)

murkee

JRiver is a great program, got fed up with the itunes lag... but I still miss a few features from itunes.  Maybe this feature is already there and I'm missing it, but it would be wonderful to actually end up on that particular song within the playlist that's been typed into search field (as in itunes).  Instead you are always back to the beginning of the playlist... I see the sequence info is there but it's still a hassle.  Also, when navigating between different playlists itunes always remembered where I left off, another great feature when jumping around between different playlists.

Also, itunes has a right click 'show in playlist' feature which is handy so I knew the different ones it's in, possibly that could be added one day too.

The duplicate issue... itunes has the 'display duplicates', jriver just seems to have 'delete duplicates'... but I'm not totally sure exactly what I'm deleting so I get worried.  I read about the smart playlist mode but seems unnecessarily complicated when I just want quick info what's going on and can decide what stays or goes.

EQ settings for individual songs?  There are many in my library that benefited from the r&b setting itunes provided... can JRiver do this too?  I know I can still sync through itunes but it would be great to eventually transition completely off itunes...

All suggestions aside, seriously though great work guys, you've made my life much easier.  Nice layout and functionality, and doesn't hang thirty seconds between basic tasks, well done!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

EQ settings for individual songs?  There are many in my library that benefited from the r&b setting itunes provided... can JRiver do this too?

Yes.  This was added to MC20.

All suggestions aside, seriously though great work guys, you've made my life much easier.  Nice layout and functionality, and doesn't hang thirty seconds between basic tasks, well done!

Thank you.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Maybe this feature is already there and I'm missing it, but it would be wonderful to actually end up on that particular song within the playlist that's been typed into search field (as in itunes).  Instead you are always back to the beginning of the playlist...

If you turn Player > Repeat > Repeat Off, it'll end on the last file of the playlist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

murkee

ok the Player > Repeat > Repeat Off was already checked off, and this method for the search field still didn't work, ended up back at beginning of playlist.  Thanks for your help, it's not a huge deal like I said this program is great and it at least tells me the number where the file is at.  Maybe it's a glitch and I need to reinstall or something

actually just found the control-q (quick search function) to help as a workaround for this... gets me there and leaves me there which is perfect
Pages: [1]   Go Up