INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visual indication why a subscribed program will not be recorded  (Read 1239 times)

dorsetjon

• Recent member
Visual indication why a subscribed program will not be recorded
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:55:45 am »

I have setup MC to record a number of TV series via subscriptions. Each is setup not to record programs that have been recorded in the past. When a program listed in Theatre View's EPG has already been recorded then there is no red dot by the program name, because it won't be recorded. If you click in to the program then there is an option to create a Subscription, which is a bit misleading because it's already part of a subscription and just not being recorded because it would be a duplicate. Then sometimes I question why a program isn't being recorded, check any recordings and sure enough it has been recorded before. So, I think the following would help....

1. Have a visual indication that a program is part of a subscription but isn't being recorded because of the subscription rules. Perhaps this could be, say, a white dot by the program rather than the usual red dot.

2. When you click on the program and the program info is displayed, there could be text to say why the program isn't being recorded.

3. Don't have an option to add these programs to a subscription.

Maybe its just me, but there have been a few times when this would have been useful for me.

Thanks,

Jon

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Visual indication why a subscribed program will not be recorded
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 02:24:47 pm »

+1

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 02:51:19 pm »

+1

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 05:32:25 pm »

+1

When I used a Topfield PVR and the TEDS Suite software to collect and load my EPG, TEDS provided a summary of each run that detail for each item that may have been recorded, which rules it passed and which it failed, so you could see for example:

Yes, this is the correct program so it should be recorded.
Yes, it is at the correct time so it should be recorded.
No, this program has been recorded before, so it will not be recorded.

This was output in a nice HTML file so that it was colour coded and therefore easy to read quickly. I used it a lot when trying to work out why a program wasn't going to be recorded. Of course, it wasn't integrated onto the PVR, but on a HTPC it would make sense to integrate such reporting into the core software that decides what to record and what not to record. Or better yet, make it visible in the Guide as suggested, and provide the ability to drill down into why it wasn't being recorded.

I am sure I have created duplicate subscriptions because of this issue in the past. Then I have to work out why there are two subscriptions and which one is correct. Not sensible.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up