INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot delete files or write tags to Library server  (Read 1172 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Cannot delete files or write tags to Library server
« on: October 20, 2014, 04:40:19 pm »

Hello, when i use MC as a client to connect to a library on a server, I can not delte files from disk, nor write tags from file info. Is this expected behavior? (The computer with the client MC has all the necessary rights to modify files on the server)

flac.rules

Re: Cannot delete files or write tags to Library server
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:56:28 pm »

Bump

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 04:09:50 pm »

Are you accessing the library on the server, or using Library Server? It's unclear.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 04:47:30 pm »

On your client, you probably need to turn on Auto Sync with Server in the advanced client options in Media Network options.

flac.rules

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 03:11:16 am »

I have a "library server" (as in the library server functionality inbuilt in MC) running on Computer A, I use MC on computer B as a client, connected to the library server. So the problem is when i use MC as a client and the library server function inbuilt in MC. Auto Sync with server is on.

MikeO

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 03:33:46 am »

I am seeing the same , I have my main PC with data drives working as the server and do all my maintenance, Tag updates etc  on another PC in  my office via wireless connection.

If I have a duplicate say then I delete it from the maintenance PC , it appears to go but the files stay put on the HDD, you get all the right dialogues asking to select how to delete but it doesn't actually happen.

It took me a while to realise , so the next time auto import runs it re imports he files , this gave me an enormous headache recently , I eventually had to repeat all the work I had done directly on the "server" PC so as to ensure the files were actually cleared.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up