INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to fix tagging trouble with movies and series  (Read 1700 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
How to fix tagging trouble with movies and series
« on: October 21, 2014, 02:35:11 pm »

I have some tagging trouble with movies and series, in that some of them are tagged wrong. Some of it can be fixed by automatically tagging sub-type based on folder location. However some problems can not be fixed by this, and I also have some previously imported files that needs to be cleaned up.

Problem 1: Some sample-files from movies are tagged as TV Shows, furthermore they don't even show up in regular view or search (see attached screenshot), only in Theatre view, "polluting" the TV-season view with sample-files. Why are they hidden in the normal views?

Problem 2: What about "special" episodes for TV-series,like the one marked "special" here http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=82046&lid=7, is there a way to get these tagged from MC by the info-download-function? The info is there no tv.db i usually name such eps S01E00 but this is not recognized.

Problem 3: How about extras for movies that are separate video-files, why don't seem to get handled all that well, tips? I think they should somehow be grouped with the movie the extra is for.

Bonus question: is it possible to make auto-import not import hidden subfolders?

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: How to fix tagging trouble with movies and series
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 03:12:51 pm »

For problem 2 if you tag specials as Season 0 and then Episode to match their numbering here (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=82046&seasonid=32557&lid=7) then lookup will succeed. S00E01 in this case.

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:27:40 am »

Thanks for the tip skarsol, that worked fine. Now only 2 (3) problems left :)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 08:53:31 am »

1. Not sure what you mean by 'sample' files.  If a file is in your library, it will show up based on how it is tagged and how your view is configured.

3. I use the 'series' field to group these by movie.  Use tagging to separate them as you wish.  Personally, I give them all a Genre of 'Special Feature' and use that to control what view(s) they show up in.

Bonus:  I doubt it.  What are you doing with hidden sub folders and why don't you want those items imported?  Seems there would be a more MC friendly way to do whatever it is you are trying to do.

skarsol

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 09:02:57 am »

Problem 1 is something I'm working on myself but havent found a good solution for. The issue is that lots of downloaded content comes with additional "sample" files typically a minute long showing the quality of the larger file. MC tags these the same as the real file, so you end up with lots of duplicate entries. Since all my files are on a samba share, I'm thinking of having it hide files that match a regex of some sort containing "sample". Another thought I had yesterday was to use the post-import tagging rules to stick a "-SAMPLE" on the end of the name if the file size is below a certain threshold.

For the Bonus, if your files are on a samba share I can tell you how to make true "hidden" folders, but other than that, no clue. :P

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 12:09:38 pm »

1. Not sure what you mean by 'sample' files.  If a file is in your library, it will show up based on how it is tagged and how your view is configured.

3. I use the 'series' field to group these by movie.  Use tagging to separate them as you wish.  Personally, I give them all a Genre of 'Special Feature' and use that to control what view(s) they show up in.

Bonus:  I doubt it.  What are you doing with hidden sub folders and why don't you want those items imported?  Seems there would be a more MC friendly way to do whatever it is you are trying to do.

In the drive I use for movies, I have some folders i don't want to import, adding them as an exclusion one by one is a bit of a hassle (although obviously not impossible)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 12:18:32 pm »

Problem 1 is something I'm working on myself but havent found a good solution for. The issue is that lots of downloaded content comes with additional "sample" files typically a minute long showing the quality of the larger file.

Assuming the OP is talking about the same type of file, other that being a hoarder (which I can be at times myself, I probably have a couple of HDs worth of data I really need to get rid of) what is the value of keeping these?  The intent of these was to provide a sample to view before you download the file, not sure what value they have beyond that.

skarsol

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 01:17:09 pm »

There's no value, it's just something that comes along with the package and then has to be deleted from MC if it gets imported before it gets deleted from disk. It's a big pain if it gets imported and I try to watch that file before I get around to deleting it since it's tagged identically to the normal file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up