INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this support??.... improved customer service...  (Read 1186 times)

adlelare

• World Citizen
Is this support??.... improved customer service...
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:48:07 am »

Jim,

wanted to bring this to your attention... one of the long timers here once condesended to a newbie with a problem posting that his "header" wasn't any good... so yesterday i finally got you read the thread of your from 2007 entitled "Is this support?" i had never read it before as i thought a) it was a rhetorical question (which it is) and/or b) it was someone complaining about support..

. so i suggest you rename that thread to something like "having trouble with JRiver read this to better help you use Interact" or whatever may be a better descriptor..

2nd point, i would like actual JRiver staff to id themselves as such in their posts... case in point i believe on the TV thread you just recently posted "glynor is it" and id'ed that he was now a "product manager" or something similar. i took from that that he was an employee of JRiver, but it seems since then he has indicated he is a volunteer helping out on Interact...and this matters as a) volunteers can be and are at times condescending (which is life and likely not necessarily that they are creeps but more just how these boards work, with "experts" having likely forgotten more than newbies who likely ask the near similar question over and over) and at times are simply wrong in their responses (this happened to me in my case re. PVR) b) employees are IMO the "experts" and are generally IME the most helpful in many things c) employees will and should have "empathy" with problems and various issues describing their problems  on Interact (when frustrated and going to pxssed off and not knowing why something happened it is silly to expect that person can professionally describe their problem/issue (which if they could would likely mean they don't need to ask the question on Interact).

Regards.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Is this support??.... improved customer service...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:51:25 am »

All the employees do have JRiver in their signatures.  Like me, for example.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

adlelare

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:28:52 am »

matt,

<<All the employees do have JRiver in their signatures.  Like me, for example.>>

so yaobing is not an employee of JRiver?? i find that very surprising as i thought he was for sure 100%...why then does he try to be so helpful and accountable and professional??

so then besides you and Jim who are JRiver employees that post on Interact??

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:39:19 am »

Yaobing is an employee!  JohnT, Bob, Deanna, and JimH are other employees.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

adlelare

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 09:53:41 am »

matt,

you should then suggest he sign as you do..other than jim do the rest post here as i don't believe i've ever seen their names (i assume they don't post under NICs)..

PS i do like JRiver very much, but i'm not a techie, i've used it for years (audio) and like Gizmo.. but really only started posting as i'm trying to really "simplify" my HTPC life with JRiver but am finding TV (really only the PVR function) troublesome... i have resolved myself to the fact that XBMC (for Inet video) will have to stay a staple..

regards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up