INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very high processor activity & no analyzing the audio files  (Read 1556 times)

LETRA

• World Citizen
Very high processor activity & no analyzing the audio files
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:49:59 pm »

Hello. I'm fighting with the Linux version as I would like to accomplish that was my main multimedia application. The problem is that I have a very high processor activity ((75%). And the audio Processing Analyzed and built Thumbnails stop at 13% and 7% respectively. I just added a folder with about 300 flac albums. I think it can be a typical problem with permissions. Using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 Intel ® Core ™ 2 Duo CPU E7500 2.93GHz @ × 2. Ram: 12 GB. Graphic card: GeForce GT 330M / PCIe / SSE2. Model: Sony Vaio VPCL 13M

LETRA

• World Citizen
Re: Very high processor activity & no analyzing the audio files
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 02:09:07 am »

I've been researching and the important thing is that the media library is on an external hard drive NFTS. Furthermore it was configured for Plex MediaServer following this guide: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200288606-Mounting-NTFS-Drives-on-Linux The key is that Plex recommends changing the owner and group of external disk with

Code: [Select]
sudo chown -R plex:plex /dir/disk.

This is a compatibility issue for JRiver. But ntfs-config1 tool

sudo apt-get install ntfs-config && gksu ntfs-config

I think I could fix it. While still a high processor activity (I guess while analyzing audio and builds thumbnails)

1http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=217009&highlight=NTFS+with+read%2Fwrite+support+using+the+ntfs-3g

LETRA

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:30:25 am »

I still have the same problem. I disabled build thumbnails & analyze audio. And when it starts to play a flac file processor activity grows from 4% to 65%.

I made a recursive chmod to executable files because it appeared to be a disc that has been connected to Windows 8:

sudo find /path -type f -exec chmod XXX {} \;

And I made sure the permissions on folders and files. However I can't find the fault and while the program is unusable.

Any help?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 07:37:51 am »

There was a CPU usage bug fixed in the very latest build (.27); have you tried the new build?  

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92837.0

LETRA

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 07:49:00 am »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

The program work good now !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up