INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote: Cannot select a track on a non-first disc in a multi-disc album  (Read 2915 times)

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen

When I select a track of a multi-disc album from any disk except the 1st disk using JRemote, it always plays the track from the first disk that has the same track number, but not the track from the correct disk. On the other hand, if I am playing the last track of a disk, it will correctly continue the the 1st track on the next disk, even though I cannot select that track successfully.

This issue happens both with and without SetNext set. It only happens with JRemote, and not when I click the tracks in MC on my server. It happens with Id, and, as I've just checked, also with Sonos as DLNA renderer.  I am using MC20 on a Mac server, files are on a locally attached external RAID array formatted natively for the Mac. Is there a workaround and could someone assist, please?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote: Cannot select a track on a non-first disc in a multi-disc album
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 05:06:15 pm »

There is a bug in the current version where track lists that are sectioned into discs will only select from the first disc.
This is fixed in the next version that is waiting for review in the app store.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 05:08:56 pm »

Super, many thanks, Lespaul.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 03:12:53 am »

Lespaul, I'm sorry to report that the problem is still there in the newest version of JRemote, that is 3.09. I have also updated Media Center to 20.0.29, and I have fully restarted both applications. Unfortunately, it is still impossible to select any tracks in a multi-disc albums from any disk except disk 1.

Could you, please, confirm that this bug has indeed been fixed, in which case, would you be able to help me troubleshoot what might be another variant of it, or do I need to wait for a further update, in which case please suggest how long it may be, as I'm quite unable to fully enjoy my recent purchases.

Many thanks indeed.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 05:44:01 am »

Sorry Rafal, I thought it was fixed, but I confused this issue with another.
It is now definitely fixed and ready for the next release.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 10:17:49 am »

Thank you, Lespaul. Do you know when the next version, 3.10 I assume, is likely to be released, or at least sent to Apple for their review?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 03:08:09 am »

The next version is probably ready today, but I need to test it also with external testers.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 03:56:09 am »

Lespaul, if you'd like me to test it with regards to the issue we have been discussing, please share the install link with me. Do you need my UUID for that? Alternatively, I'm happy to wait a little longer, but hopefully I'd get to listen to my multi-disc albums some time in November. :)

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 03:15:02 am »

Have sent you an invite to beta test

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 06:27:02 am »

I've accepted, but I'm not sure how to get the beta, as it is not showing in the "available" listing—perhaps an email will come about it.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 06:54:01 am »

Lespaul: I'm not sure if you can see my registration for the beta of JRemote on your end, but on mine it still says that there are "no available builds". Just in case you are still working on one, please accept my apologies for this unnecessary query.
Pages: [1]   Go Up