INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote makes mistakes when albums of different artists have the same name  (Read 1773 times)

PeterS

• Recent member

JRemote (NOT JRiver!) makes mistakes, when albums of different artists have the same name.

I have three Albums with the title 'Home' from three different artists. When I search for Albums 'ho..', I get all three covers in one display. If I choose this 'album', I get all the tracks of all three albums in one list.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen

Are you able to test this with Gizmo?. I believe this is an issue with the web service in MC. Will verify and get back to you.

PeterS

• Recent member

It seems, that you are right with your assumption, Lespaul. I tested the Scenario above with Gizmo and the same mistakes appeared.

Shall we proceed in this Forum-place with the problem?

Can you forward it to the right guys?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen

I have notified the MC guys about the issue. IŽll just leave the thread here for the time being since this is essentially a remote issue.
The fix will most likely be part of an MC20 update.

PeterS

• Recent member

Thank you, I will wait for the next JR20 Update...

PeterS

• Recent member
Re: JRemote makes mistakes when albums of different artists have the same name
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 04:23:52 pm »

Hi Lespaul, do you know, when this issue will be fixed? - Even in JR V20.0.33 it is still there

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote makes mistakes when albums of different artists have the same name
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 03:13:29 am »

PeterS,

after some discussion about this, it`s not really considered a bug.
This is basically the way the views are handled internally in MC, and a consequence of its dynamic nature.

If you want to make sure similar albums are now grouped you need to change the album view, "Customize views for Gizmo and WebGizmo...".
As a start you should look at the expression AlbumKey().

I will try to create a correct view and post details here. Had some issues with proper sorting last time I tried.
Pages: [1]   Go Up