INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move files split  (Read 1340 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Move files split
« on: November 03, 2014, 07:04:20 am »

2 thoughts that would help me and maybe others -

I get video files which are all placed in a single directory after which I "Get Movie and TV Info", 
I then run place the following command in the Name tag "=[Series] - Spadnumber([season],2)Epadnumber([episode],2) - [name]
and then Rename the actual filename using the Name Tag.  This way, all file names have a consistent format

(I know this can be completed through TASKS in Media Import, but I only want this series of steps to occur for those files in a specific directory.  The tasks options are universal)

I then move them to their appropriate destinations.

How about an easy way to move files around between directories?

Currently, one must go through a series of menus to move a file.  I would like to see a drag and drop feature right in the main view in that I can select a file and simply drag it to a new location.  Currently, I move files around using windows explorer.

Dave

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Move files split
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 07:06:49 am »

I would like to see a drag and drop feature right in the main view in that I can select a file and simply drag it to a new location.  Currently, I move files around using windows explorer.

You can do that if you use "Drives & Devices -> Explorer".

The library views are otherwise unrelated to their actual physical location, but if you use the Explorer view I mentioned above, you can actually drag&drop files around.

PS:
For your renaming, you can also just save a name preset in "Library -> Rename, Move & Copy Files". If you also have a strict folder structure, you could also just make it move the files automatically when renaming them!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Re: Move files split
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 07:42:52 am »

I guess my thought is to in fact make the library view relate to physical location thereby saving time from having to go to a different section of MC to move the files.

re: preset.  I am not sure how to set this preset.  Can you be more specific?

dave

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Move files split
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 09:40:55 am »

I guess my thought is to in fact make the library view relate to physical location thereby saving time from having to go to a different section of MC to move the files.

re: preset.  I am not sure how to set this preset.  Can you be more specific?

dave

Why not just spend some time with rename,move,copy?  I have 10 or so presets that took some time to make but now it's a one shot deal to rename & move after the tagging is done

To make a preset, just open the rename,move,copy dialog and set everything the way you want it....then click at the bottom left save as preset, give it a name and next time you move stuff just select the preset and all your hard work comes right back
Pages: [1]   Go Up