INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Streaming  (Read 1037 times)

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
JRemote Streaming
« on: November 04, 2014, 01:14:07 pm »

Can JRemote stream audio that is linked/synced to what is playing now in Media Center? I have not been able to figure out how this works.

I am using MC19 for Mac. I have tried MC20 for Mac as well without a solution.

Thank you!

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote Streaming
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:50:29 pm »

If I understood correctly, you want JRemote to stream whatever is playing in a specified zone.
This is currently not possible.

Could you explain the reason why you would want this functionality?

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote Streaming
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 04:35:09 pm »

Yes, I believe you have described what I am trying to do. Bear in mind that I am new to this game, and my knowledge has big gaps in it! I am also working with limited resources.

This is what I am trying to do... I have MC installed on my laptop and I am playing music from it. I would like to stream the audio to my iPhone (which is upstairs in the same building on the same wireless network). The iPhone has an audio cable running out of the headphone jack to a simple powered music system. I suppose then that the iPhone is a separate zone, and that I would like the two zones (MC on the laptop and the iPhone) to play the same audio in sync. I hope that makes sense.

I have explored the MediaConnect app to create a DLNS renderer on the iPhone, but that has not yet worked the way I want. I have been able to stream audio to the iPhone using JRemote and MediaConnect, but only as a separate zone apparently. I have not been able to have MC and the iPhone in sync with the same audio.

Any help you may provide would be most welcome.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up