INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recently Popped up issue with Database going Into Read-Only  (Read 1941 times)

Brana G

• Recent member
Recently Popped up issue with Database going Into Read-Only
« on: November 06, 2014, 07:29:36 pm »

I noticed a few days ago whenever I open MC20 I get a warning message that the database will be opened in read-only mode. Sure enough any recent rips are not in the library. I have 3 libraries in my hierarchy. One is the standard main library set on the locval drive. The other two are set on my OneDrive Cloud backup. One for DSD and one for mp3. I never had issues with this before. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Brana

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Recently Popped up issue with Database going Into Read-Only
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 07:34:12 pm »

A library opening in read-only mode usually means that the library file has been opened by another instance of JRiver which has locked the file.  Do you have any other remote instances of JRiver accessing the onedrive libraries at the same time?  I've also seen the error when I had an instance of JRiver still running or not shutdown all the way, and opened a second one on the same computer; the second instance would open, but in read-only mode.

Brana G

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:07:36 am »

Unfortunately no second instance. I sometimes get general crashes and must hard restart my PC so maybe something got locked. If I check task manager I don't see anything running.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 03:37:30 pm »

I got this error when I tried to add a new library.

I also found that I can't delete or hide libraries, the functions are greyed out when right clicking under Playing From And if I go to "delete Library", the libraries are greyed out.

Rebooted/restarted, same behavior.

I have had a whole bunch of crashes recently (trying to debug visualization crash, separate post).  So yeah, maybe something is locked or an orphaned locked on files?
Pages: [1]   Go Up