INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Issue  (Read 1430 times)

Rainwolf127

Audio Issue
« on: November 09, 2014, 07:07:14 am »

I am having an issue with the first 1 to 3 seconds of a song (file) not playing, or at least not being heard as once the first few seconds pass the song kicks in and can be heard at about the 3 second mark of the tune. I have all files on a separate raid hard drive with a SATA connection to a Windows 8.1 mini computer going to Pioneer 1022 surround receiver.
I also use the same library in my office about 30 yards away via Ethernet and do not have the issue using my office computer. I am not sure if the problem is the setup of MC 20 in my living room or some sort of hardware issue.
What would possibly cause the first few seconds of a file not to be heard, and in a few cases the entire song is hearable (although playing) in the living room location but completely playable and hearable in my office.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 07:52:06 am »

It's likely that the receiver is the issue.  Try using MC's DSP Studio/Output Settings to resample everything to the same bit rate and sample rate.  Try 16/44.1 first, then move up if it works.

MC has an option to play leading silence.  It might also help.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 07:52:18 am »

Tools → Options → Audio → Settings → Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization

Rainwolf127

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 08:00:36 am »

The receiver plays anything from 16/44.1 to 24/192 without any real issues. I have yet to find a common link between the audio drop and the occasional lack of sending sound out for an entire file. I am suspicious of both the Pioneer and the Intel HDMI HD sound.
As to the play leading silence, where is the option located as I have only found two rather vague references in options. one regarding  playing silence at start up for hardware sync (also; should I be doing this and at what time interval) and two, Do not play silence (leading and trailing) in the track change section.
One seems to go against the other depending on how they function as I am not clear as to their correct usage.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 08:05:10 am »

one regarding  playing silence at start up for hardware sync (also; should I be doing this and at what time interval) and two ...
Please try setting it.

The receiver plays anything from 16/44.1 to 24/192 without any real issues.
I don't think that's the case.  It may play them, but it seems to be having trouble.  It may be when the format changes.

Rainwolf127

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 08:07:07 am »

Any time guidelines regarding play silence at startup or simply try them one a time until one works

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 12:31:33 pm »

Just try different values until it works without an excessive delay, or the beginning being cut off. It varies with sound device.

If you don't normally hear anything until 3 seconds in, that might be a good value to start with.
You want it as low as possible without cutting anything off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up