INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pono Music World 20.0.36 Windows version -- Available Here  (Read 9921 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pono Music World 20.0.36 Windows version -- Available Here
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:08:22 pm »

This is the latest build of Pono Music World, for testing purposes only.  Please do not share it with others.

20.0.36 (11/10/2014)
http://files.jriver.com/ponotest/PonoMusicWorld200036.exe

1. Fixed: Forward/Back buttons not working in certain views.
 2. Fixed: PDT-201 - Embedded browser was showing a web engine error message while it was simply loading a web page.
 3. Changed: Default music path template on PonoPlayer devices changed from [Artist]/[Album] to [Album Artist (auto)]/[Album].
 4. Changed: Allow users to sync multiple file types of the same song to their PonoPlayer device.
 5. Changed: PDT-209 - PMW now scans entire PonoPlayer device for audio files, rather than just under \Music.
 6. Changed: EULA text modified with additional Pono trademark protection.
 7. Changed: PDT-197,198,200,221 - Added to URL whitelist: facebook.net and artcdnsecure.ribob01.net, Vimeo, etc..
 8. Fixed: Import of files not from the Pono store was slower than it needed to be.
 9. Fixed: PDT-122 - The minimize, close, and maximize buttons didn't respond to mouse movement properly.
 10. Fixed: PDT-115 - The sync action window wouldn't size properly.
 11. Fixed: PDT-113 - The Build Playlist Action Window would cut off the bottom text in Retina mode.
 12. Fixed: PDT-196 - Web browser state (including login) was not saved when going between the store web page and other parts of PMW.
 13. Changed: Changed the "Home" icon in the web page controls at upper left to something more suitable.
 14. Changed: Added a "Refresh" icon to the web page controls at upper left.
 15. Fixed: Occasional crashes when rapidly clicking the web browser back/forward buttons.
 16. Fixed: PDT-191 - The UAC prompt that pops up at install time now shows the correct program name (PonoMusic World).
 17. Changed: PDT-217 - PMW now supports the 'Gizmo' Android app.
 18. Fixed: PDT-216 - When an album is being downloaded, it shows up as multiple albums in Music Library.
 19. Fixed: PDT-215 - Download details screen doesn't list tracks being downloaded.
 20. Fixed: PDT-163 - Change the FLAC tag "tool name" from Pono Music to PonoMusic World.
 21. Fixed: PDT-190,204 - Sometimes, not all of the cover art transfers to the PonoPlayer during a transfer.
 22. Fixed: PDT-193 - The app Name appears as Media Center 20 and the Publisher as JRiver on the Windows Security Alert dialog.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Pono Music World 20.0.36 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »

Do you want us to test this?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 04:51:13 pm »

Sure.  If you have time.

This board is only visible to the beta group right now.  I'm trying to find a few people who have the hardware, too.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »

I let it import. Reporter shows that in addition to my audio files, the Library has 303 image files, 2 video files, and 4 other files. I created a new View showing only Media Type <> Audio and found the image files. It imported most of them from Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Media\Office12.

Fix:  When adding a new View, the Location drop down says Audio instead of Music Library.

Fix:  Explorer is missing from Standard View > PonoPlayer, Drives and Devices, but is available from Theater View.

Fix:  Hairstyle Theater View theme doesn't have the same backgrounds as regular MC20.

Recommendation:  Playback of sample tracks from PonoMusic World do not stop playback of Playing Now and don't use the JRiver Audio Engine. I realize it is playing from a webpage, but it seems like it should be more integrated.

Recommendation:  If an ASIO audio device is selected, the volume should automatically switch to Internal Volume.

DaQi

• Recent member
Re: Pono Music World 20.0.36 -- Comments
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 10:54:02 am »

-I am syncing my Pono to some smartlists. When syncing it appears to re-download all the items on the list instead of only the changes to the list. This means that the syncing is much longer than necessary since there are only a few changes in my smartlist.

-I am using a JRMC20 library loaded into PMW. The play statistics (i.e. number of plays) doesn't appear to be getting updated in my library based on what I am listening to on my Pono.

-The time remaining for syncing and the progress doesn't appear to take into consideration the tracks that are already on the device and thus won't need any action. This increases the estimated time quite considerably over what it actually will be.

-PMW does not seem able to discern Pono music in the JRMC20 library I have open in it. Would be good if it could see the Pono music where ever it is and show the blue light.

DaQi

• Recent member
Re: Pono Music World 20.0.36 -- Sync issues
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 11:00:31 am »

-while I am syncing and select the details of the sync there is a several second delay before they display. The program appears to freeze during that time which is a bit disconcerting. Displaying a quick progress bar or some message would be helpful so it doesn't appear that the program is locked up. This doesn't happen consistently so it appears to depend on when the details were last loaded this makes it all the more disconcerting when it happens.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 03:00:52 pm »

I let it import. Reporter shows that in addition to my audio files, the Library has 303 image files, 2 video files, and 4 other files. I created a new View showing only Media Type <> Audio and found the image files. It imported most of them from Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Media\Office12.

I checked Libray and Folders > Configure Auto Import and F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Media\Office12 was included in the list. I left out the "F:" previously when giving the folder path. I assume it is included because of the word "Media". I have two drives with an OS in my computer. The F: drive is an SSD with Windows 7 64-bit. The Media folder was not included on my Office installation on my C: drive. Perhaps the logic needs to be changed.

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 04:12:48 am »

impressive.

loads my network media with no re-setup required. Very fast on a slow power line LAN, and did not tweak settings, btw

one thing is I can't get the sample from Pono music to play at all. Do I have to switch off the wdm driver? I have to turn off the new driver to stream the samples from pono music

Along with what Mojave recommended, it would be more intuitive for Pono users to have a second zone set up for them with a zone switch rule as a default for internet playback (assuming ponousers might be less hard-core than JRiver' base user (might be wrong on that one though :) ). Maybe a 3rd zone for volume leveling as some users maybe porting over from iPod/iTunes.  You know,they get their new gadget and it basically works out of the box. 1) bit perfect 2) "replay gained" 3) internet streaming

It automatically imports all of my existing JRiver views, which is nice. Didn't think it would do that

fix ? - strange white empty box in volume analysis

fix : there is still the same van gogh in the Obsidian Theater view. OMG I'm going to cut one of my ears off one of these years myself !! ;D

[edited]

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 08:51:46 am »

-PMW does not seem able to discern Pono music in the JRMC20 library I have open in it. Would be good if it could see the Pono music where ever it is and show the blue light.
Currently, it only does the verification required for the blue light when it imports files.  Does it show the light if you right-click and do "Library Tools / Update Library (from tags)" ?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

channel-1

• Recent member
New Here
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 11:09:08 am »

Hi Team, I'm new.  My Pono Player hypothetically arrives tonight.  When the new build for Mac is ready, will it be posted in this thread?

Will be testing on my 2013 MacBook Pro Retina with 8 Gig of Ram.  Not familiar with JRiver... so you'll be getting input from a complete newbie.

DaQi

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 11:18:10 am »

Currently, it only does the verification required for the blue light when it imports files.  Does it show the light if you right-click and do "Library Tools / Update Library (from tags)" ?

I just get a failure when I try that. Keep in mind that I have open a JRMC20 library on another computer. I really don't want to get into managing two different libraries if I can avoid it.

JohnT

Re: New Here
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 10:58:01 am »

Hi Team, I'm new.  My Pono Player hypothetically arrives tonight.  When the new build for Mac is ready, will it be posted in this thread?
Yes.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 11:03:11 am »

There will be a separate thread for Mac.  Both Windows and Mac will be on this board.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 11:47:39 am »

Text is only showing up in Search bar when highlighted. The font needs to be made a different color.

File Types include Blu-ray. If associated, will it really play since PMW doesn't support video?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 12:09:36 pm »

Customize Display > Insert Variable has several variables that start with MC such as MC.InstallPath and MC.Version. Perhaps these should be changed to read Pono.InstallPath and Pono.Version.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Pono Music World 20.0.36 Windows version -- Available Here
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 12:12:21 am »

Out of interest (I don't own a Pono and probably never will) but will there be Linux and Mac versions available too of PMW?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 07:03:43 am »

Mac, yes.  There's one posted on this board now.

We can't comment on any plans Pono may have, other than what they've made public.

JohnT

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 07:36:36 am »

Text is only showing up in Search bar when highlighted. The font needs to be made a different color.

File Types include Blu-ray. If associated, will it really play since PMW doesn't support video?
Thanks much for the testing mojave, I'm adding these to the list.

DaQi

• Recent member
PMW not recognizing Pono player
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 07:26:37 pm »

When I plug my Pono player in it seems that I have to unplug it and replug it in again to get PMW to recognize it. The first time I plug it in I definitely get a beep from the operating system to recognize that something has plugged in. Also the music transfer thing comes up on the Pono. When I answer yes nothing happens. I then say done on the Pono unplug it and replug it in. This time I get the same beep, the same question on the Pono and then a couple seconds later the operating system (win8.1) comes up with a message to say that there is a problem with the drive. I ignore that and the player comes up in PMW and all appears to be good.

It seems to be consistent that I have to go through this 2 step to get it to work.

BTW, the whole syncing a whole smartlist and not just the changes is driving me bonkers! Just adding a couple tracks takes 2 hours to sync because it basically reloads 20gb of files.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 03:31:20 pm »

Here's one regarding Album order.

The default as I found it ordered the album listing in the library by date imported. I'm assuming that import started at A and then went to Z because the order had the Z albums at the top.

I'd suggest setting the default order for albums as alphabetical (I know this word can cause angst) but I do think alphabetical indexing is a more "intuitive" approach.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 03:37:36 pm »

Thanks much for the testing mojave, I'm adding these to the list.

JohnT, I take it that for the start up wizard, you'll remove the option to associate video files with PMW?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 08:05:42 pm »

During playback the rating stars in the top status bar are not obvious if the track is unrated with the standard skin.

Would it be possible to show stars in ghosted, shadow representation so the uninitiated has a clue that there is something there?

BTW - playing back via MC20 WDM. Working fine.

magoo24

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 09:27:23 am »

Hello:

I have several issues.
I got my Pono player last week from my kickstarter deal.
First my computer had a hard time recognizing the player, that I worked out.
The JRiver software has never worked.

I was able to D/L threee albums, and these transferred to the JRiver music library, as well as my music in windows.

The JRiver refuses to "sync" the music.
I had to manually move it from my music to the Pono player.

I use a computer that also is used for gaming.  I use nvidia and surround.
After I fooled with my Pono, shut down and came back the next day, my computer refused to recognize my Surround set-up until I uninstalled the PonoWorld software completely.

Today I moved my JRiver software and Pono to another computer.  I have no conflicts currently, the computer recgnized the Pono player as did the software, but it still wont "sync".  The JRiver does recognize the player and all the files, but keeps saying the player is "fully syncronized".

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 09:33:03 am »

Don't use JRiver Media Center.  Use the latest version of Pono Music World, at the top of this board.

There are a couple of posts about similar problems and their solutions on this board.

magoo24

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 09:38:40 am »

I'm not using JRiver....sorry, I was just referring to the software in that manner......

I am using PonoWorld as directed from the emails I got from Pono when my player was shipped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up