INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: build .35 one tuner config working two tuner not...  (Read 1622 times)

adlelare

• World Citizen
build .35 one tuner config working two tuner not...
« on: November 13, 2014, 11:57:58 am »

yesterday after update with one tuner (HP 950Q) i could watch and/or PVR and all network devices worked fine.

as soon as i employed two tuners (950Q and HDHR) everything failed as before... JRiver "hung" (live TV still playing until i hit a button then it grayed and stopped) and network devices stopped. FYI 950Q is direct to HTPC vs. HDHR is via network)... PS like another poster the tonight show failed to PVR.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: build .35 one tuner config working two tuner not...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 12:18:40 pm »

Out of curiosity, have you tried with just 1 tuner, but in reverse (in other words, whatever tuner you added to make it 2...run MC with just that tuner)...is it stable?

adlelare

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 03:19:30 pm »

muzic,

on PVR'ing it can create huge files (i got them +40gb in size).. so i know now it seems to work fine with the Hauppauge 950Q (which i fully expected as it is not a network tuner) doesn't when i have HP 950Q and HDHR running simultaneously, next i will disable the HP and one of the HDHR tuners and see what happens. and if that works then try both HDHR tuners then...there is also a new firmware for the HDHR i may try... who knows for sure.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 03:21:55 pm »

I have 2 HDHR's and 1 HDHR Prime.  Both work great for me.  If I think of anything else, I will let you know.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 11:32:03 am »

it seems since the update thinks that tuners are missing. i have had a few messages saying no tuner available to satisfy. all tuners are available!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 12:22:59 pm »

20.0.37 (not 35) is the latest.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 12:26:35 pm »

yup im running 37
yaobing asked to comment if we had issues

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 03:17:32 pm »

Maybe we should create a list (spreadsheet) or what Tuner card combinations are known to work. That might help determine if the User has a new (untested) combination, or something that is known to work. Of course there are so many other hardware variables its difficult or impossible to test everything.

I have two tuner cards, a Hauppauge HVR-2250 (dual tuners) and the 950Q (USB-stick tuner) on the same machine without issue. But I rarely find enough quality TV material to warrant recording three programs at the same time (I have done it for testing).
Pages: [1]   Go Up