INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Assets in Version JRemote 3.09  (Read 2019 times)

Gumby

• Recent member
Problem with Assets in Version JRemote 3.09
« on: November 15, 2014, 04:50:27 pm »

I am currently experiencing an unusual problem with album booklets in JRemote.  I have one album of Beethoven & Mendelssohn Violin Concertos that shows all the album booklets from all other albums that start with the name Beethoven.  Over 40 album booklets show up as assets on this one album.  I deleted all of the album booklets from my NAS and they still showed up.  I tried deleting the album and putting it back and rebooting everything in the process.  No luck.  All of the other Beethoven albums show only the booklets or assets located in the directory of the music.  Any ideas?

I am running JRiver 19.0.163

One other minor issue with Asset is that it appears the booklets need to be located in the director where the music is.  If an album as multiple disks and there are subfolders for each disk, JRemote will not find the album booklet if it is in the root (album) directory.  Copies of the booklet must be placed in the folder for each disk.

Gumby

• Recent member
Re: Problem with Assets in Version JRemote 3.09
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 09:55:19 pm »

It appears the issue I have is related to the use of an ampersand in folder names.  “Assets” of albums become associated if those albums folder have an ampersand in their name and they are located in the same folder, an artist folder or composer folder for example.  Also, it appears, album assets can become associated if those album folders are all located in a folder with an ampersand in its name.  This does not appear to be related to the name of the album itself (the album tag) or the file name of the asset.

Not sure if this is by design.  If so, it might be covered better in the WIKE somewhere.  Otherwise, be advised that using an ampersand in folders introduces some interesting folder math.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 12:01:34 am »

Gumby.... activate the asset!

Gumby

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:22:47 am »

All assets are deployed, under fire and taking heavy casualties!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 01:33:10 am »

Top man. No help at all with the issue at hand, but whenever someone mentions assets, I think of Jason Bourne, and I couldn't resist...

Apologies for not being able to help with the actual topic though.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 03:00:18 am »

It appears the issue I have is related to the use of an ampersand in folder names.  “Assets” of albums become associated if those albums folder have an ampersand in their name and they are located in the same folder, an artist folder or composer folder for example.  Also, it appears, album assets can become associated if those album folders are all located in a folder with an ampersand in its name.  This does not appear to be related to the name of the album itself (the album tag) or the file name of the asset.

Not sure if this is by design.  If so, it might be covered better in the WIKE somewhere.  Otherwise, be advised that using an ampersand in folders introduces some interesting folder math.

Thank you for digging into the issue Gumby. I`ll look into why the ampersand mess up the paths, it`s certainly not by design.

Regarding the other issue, the booklets do need to be located in the directory where the music is.
This is a limitation of the way assets are found, and can`t really be fixed in the current implementation.

Gumby

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 10:41:22 am »

Thanks Lespaul.  It was so perplexing and difficult to describe.  Also, I think the use of commas in the folder name may be doing the same thing.  For example, Beethoven Symphonies No. 1, No. 2, No. 3...etc.  Did not have time to play with that this weekend.  I will hold off renaming all my folders to see if an update is forthcoming. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up