INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combining several .mkv files in one folder as one album  (Read 2886 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Combining several .mkv files in one folder as one album
« on: November 20, 2014, 07:41:54 am »

I have several test files in .mkv in different audio formats that I want to add to my library. However I don't want them all separate in my library but as a sort of album with various tracks. Just like it is with a CD. One CD with several tracks. Is there a smart solution that I can use? I tried to combine all tracks with MKV merge but that didn't work. Thanks for your help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Combining several .mkv files in one folder as one album
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:52 am »

I would think you could just set the Album field to the same for all the tracks and be done.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 11:04:10 am »

I thought of that but I would have to use "list style" - album thumbnails, and that wouldn't work for some of my other movies. (Unless I do something wrong.)

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 11:20:04 am »

Without knowing anything more about how your library is organized, or what type of files they are being displayed with, it's difficult to give a specific answer.

However, you can probably get what you want by assigning a series value to those files, and editing your view to use the expression TVInfo(SeriesDisplay)

What this does is display the [Series] info if it exists, or [Name] if it does not.
I use this in other view to group movies into a series, such as "James Bond" for all of those films, rather than have them show up individually.

You might find this topic helpful: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92259.0

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 12:15:01 pm »

you could use makeMKV and append all of the individual mkv files into one big mkv file. Then you would use "particles" http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles to identify the start of each section.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 12:38:22 pm »

I have a complex library where I use "title" to show the exact name of the movie. I sort with "album". e.g. James Bond 01; James Bond 02 or Pirates of the Caribbean 01; Pirates of the Caribbean 02 etc. to have those displayed together. I use a separate root entry (left) for TV Series (and animation, music, DVD (physical) Blu-ray (physical) etc.). Also I have "Total Video Library" which shows everything, also the entries I made for my physical DVD's and Blu-ray. I prefer to see all episodes separate so I can choose the episode I want to see more easily. Normally I wouldn't mind to see separate parts but these specific files are only 1 or 2 minutes long.

Maybe I will make a separate entry under the video root for those demo files and test files. That way I can choose "Album Thumbs" and give the album the same name.

I do use series and season for tv series and e.g. Batman; Bond; Millennium Trilogy movies, to keep them together in the library.  

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 12:40:04 pm »

@CountryBumkin

I tried that with MKVMerge and that didn't work, but maybe it will work with makeMKV.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 12:53:13 pm »

Just to show you my library...

http://voorbij.nl/MC20.jpg

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 01:50:33 pm »

While it is not ideal due to the way that Standard View operates (i.e. not skipping redundant category views) I think that TVInfo(SeriesDisplay) would work.

If you need to use [Title] rather than [Name], you could use:

Code: [Select]
FirstNotEmpty([Series], [Title], [Name])

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 04:33:15 pm »

It is not to my liking, so I'll find another way. It's just 2 demo blu-rays and I really don't want to change my other views or library. However thank you very much for helping out, I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up