INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 20.0.41 -- Available Here  (Read 19125 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 20.0.41 -- Available Here
« on: November 20, 2014, 12:35:19 pm »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200041.exe

20.0.41 (11/20/2014)

1. Fixed: The 'Folder Settings' dialog didn't scale nicely with a big size or for Retina mode.
2. Fixed: The checkbox on the bottom of a popup didn't scale nicely with a big size or for Retina mode.
3. Fixed: Putting the command prompt (cmd.exe) in the Theater View options didn't work.
4. Changed: Updated French translation file (thanks Morand Studer).
5. Changed: The text below the guide in Theater View has room for four lines of text instead of two.
6. NEW: Added Options > Audio > Advanced > Disable dither to disable any dithering in the playback engine.
7. Fixed: Web links were not showing in the embedded browser unless the refresh button was clicked.

20.0.40 (11/19/2014)

1. Fixed: Right-clicking the column header of the Analyze Audio dialog would bring MC back to the foreground and show the menu there.
2. Fixed: Removed CUE files would get reimported by auto import.
3. Fixed: The list drawing in the Fill Properties From Filename tool wasn't right.
4. Fixed: The option 'Move all files in folder' didn't load and save with a preset properly.
5. Fixed: A typo on the clear playing now dialog.
6. Changed: When clicking "Priority" column header of "Recording Rules" list, the list is sorted by priority value, instead of priority string value.
7. Changed: Updated all translation files from the source code (so the latest strings are included).

20.0.39 (11/17/2014)

1. Changed: The logging dialog has a button to view the current log.
2. Fixed: Some untranslatable text in various areas.
3. NEW: The search box keeps a list of recent searches and shows them when the menu is shown.
4. Changed: The variable MC.Version no longer has a .0 at the end.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. NEW: Added Connect to Remote Library to the library menu.  It shows the add library dialog to add the library and load it.
7. NEW: Added the option 'Move all files in folder (including non-imported files)' to the Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialog.  This moves sidecars, folder.jpg, etc.
8. Changed: Removed Netflix support since their public API closed down on 11/14/2014.
9. Changed: Added a 'New / Improved This Version' link to the help menu.
10. NEW: 'Watched Videos' is a default smartlist.
11. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks Luciano).
12. NEW: Added MCWS Library/List and Library/Load to list and load libraries.
13. Changed: Made the text labels in the Action Window a little wider.

20.0.38 (11/13/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
2. Fixed: A few items in "Share to web" Action Windows were not translatable.
3. Fixed: The text drawing in a list does a better job of text truncation (previously it would break on full words instead of showing part of a word).
4. NEW: Added a couple keyboard shortcuts: F6: Rename, Move, & Copy Files; F12: Fill Properties From Filename.
5. Changed: Added a confirmation box to the Clear Playing Now command.
6. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
7. NEW: A toolbar button 'Toggle Tooltips' can be added to the toolbar.
8. Changed: Analyzer DSP uses the color of each line for the text of the volume level.
9. Fixed: The labels in the Tag Action Window would all be full width and not leave enough room for the edit value.
10. Changed: (Internal change) Updated country code list for television.
11. Changed: If user has not selected a country for television playback, MC will use Windows systems default.
12. Changed: Added zones to the tray icon menu.
13. Changed: Made the mute command the top command in the volume menu.
14. Changed: The article $ doesn't require a space after it to be ignored for sorting.

20.0.37 (11/12/2014)

1. Changed: Added the movie categories Movies and TV Shows to YouTube in Theater View.
2. Changed: Another try at driver building.

20.0.36 (11/12/2014)

1. Changed: Added the movie categories Education, Gaming, News, and Sports to YouTube in Theater View.
2. Fixed: Possible fix for visualization crashes (feedback needed).

20.0.35 (11/11/2014)

1. Fixed: Possible fix for visualization crashes (feedback needed).

20.0.34 (11/11/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Thai translation (thanks Nitinun).
2. Changed: Bitdepth and samplerate are reported in the tooltip.
3. Fixed: After removing a file from the playlist in the Action Window, the columns would snap to the wrong size.
4. Fixed: MC could crash when unloading television tuners.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Changed: Tag Action Window text labels could be too small when running with a large size setting.
7. Changed: Changed how MC handles low disk space condition in television recording.
8. Fixed: The settings of some DSP plugins (eg. Effects) did not load properly when a DSP preset was automatically loaded during playback.
9. Changed: Added 'Clear Playing Now' to the right-click menu of the Playing Now list.
10. Changed: The WDM output device is called "JRiver Media Center 20" instead of the generic "Speakers".

20.0.33 (11/5/2014)

1. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
2. NEW: Composer is a linkable column.
3. Changed: The search box is wider when there's a lot of available width.
4. Fixed: The 6dB/Oct high/low pass filters correctly attenuate by 3dB at the specified frequency.

20.0.32 (11/4/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
2. NEW: Added "Finish" and "Cancel" buttons for setup/configuration of television recording/subscription in Theater View.
3. Fixed: Embedded browser was showing a web engine error message while it was simply loading a web page.
4. Changed: Default music path template on handheld devices changed from [Artist]/[Album] to [Album Artist (auto)]/[Album].
5. NEW: Added Options > Libraries & Folders > Run import on empty libraries.
6. Fixed: WDM Driver signing.

20.0.31 (10/31/2014)

1. Fixed: AIFF files that have a tag that's one byte longer than the metadata will still import (previously we would fail to read the tags).
2. Fixed: CUE file parsing updated to better handle link filenames.  More information
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks YanJun Sun!).
4. NEW: Added a FileLookup(...) expression that takes a filename and returns a database key.
5. Changed: Back out library server hiding when the library is empty introduced in 19.0.71.
6. Fixed: DLNA, when pushing tracks to a renderer, when the playlist changes the next item to play, resend the SetNextAVTransportURI (for devices that support it) to keep the playlist in sync with the device.
7. Changed: Changed how "All channels" attribute is stored when subscribing to a television show, so that users can still revert back to a particular channel by using Configure Subscription in Theater View (not an issue in Standard View).
8. Fixed: DLNA, if DSP was enabled, the servers were all using the same DSP settings. Now they are set per server.

20.0.30 (10/29/2014)

1. Changed: Work to try to get driver signing right.

20.0.29 (10/29/2014)

1. Changed: Rearranged layout and changed instruction text on STB IR emitter setup wizard.
2. Changed: The installer can be run with /NoDriver to skip the driver install.
3. Fixed: Rotten Tomato movie lookup wasn't working.
4. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Library/GetStats to get stats about the loaded library.
5. Changed: The installer does no longer install the WDM Driver in a portable install.
6. Changed: Adding files to Playing Now won't trigger a ZoneSwitch rule to stop playback in the other zones.
7. Changed: When setting up subscriprion to a television show in Theater View, MC will ask whether to record the show on selected channel only or on all channels (if the global option is to allow setting details in Theater View).
8. Changed: Modified DirectShow graph-building for "WinTV 885 Video Capture" device in an attempt to fix the analog cable television problem with "Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1250 PCIe" card.
9. Changed: Updated code signing certificates for both the driver and the install.

20.0.28 (10/27/2014)

1. Fixed: On television tuner configuration dialog, "The tuner is capable of tuning to DVB-T2 (or S2, or C2)" checkbox was always unchecked even though the user had checked it previously.
2. NEW: Scrollbars enlarge on mouse over (optional in Options > Tree & View > List > Enlarge scrollbars on mouse over).
3. Fixed: A checkbox edit field couldn't be edited in the Tag Action Window.
4. Changed: Rearranged STB IR emitter setup wizard so it scales better with larger font sizes.
5. Changed: The search suggestion box lists up to 10 suggestions instead of 5.
6. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
7. NEW: STB IR emitter setup has a testing mode.
8. Changed: Renewed code signing certificate.

20.0.27 (10/20/2014)

1. Fixed: DSD with the sample rate 11,289,600 Hz would not open.
2. NEW: Added an option "Delay between blasts" on IR emitter setup for STB channels.
3. NEW: Added an option "Repeat count" on IR emitter setup for STB channels when the IR device is USB-UIRT.
4. NEW: Added an option "Blast Enter Key after the numbers" on IR emitter setup.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Changed: On an M4A, reading data past the end of the file will be a soft error that continues instead of a hard error (will make some M4A files import and play that didn't before).
7. Changed: The device info dump string is copied to the clipboard.
8. Changed: Updated the copyright date on the splash screen.
9. NEW: Library fields can be configured to have the edit type "Check" and then a checkbox will show for the field.
10. Changed: The WDM driver enters silence mode after 10 seconds of silence instead of 5 seconds.
11. NEW: Added dsp studio to DLNA server audio advanced options. REQUIRES the output format to be set to "Specified Output Format".

20.0.26 (10/17/2014)

1. Changed: Television STB IR emitter learning wizard uses one wizard page instead of ten pages.
2. Changed: Added Cover Art > Get Artist Images for Last.fm back.
3. Changed: Set-top box IR code learning wizard's instruction text is now different for different IR emitter systems (MCE vs. USB-UIRT).
4. Changed: When running IR emiiter code learning wizard, the learned IR code is displayed.
5. Changed: The Category dialog scales nicely for larger fonts.
6. Changed: Media Center won't appear as a device in Media Center Audio options.

billgibson

Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.41 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 02:20:33 pm »

Good day,
Ever since I added version 20, my discs will rip to the hard drive without any issues.  However, when I burn any format to cd the sound is very distorted.  It also takes much longer to burn the disc.  When I revert back to version 19 everything works perfectly.  I can't seem to find anything in any of the settings menus that helps.  Should I uninstall and re-install?  What do you suggest.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:10:48 pm »

What version are you using?

Unsionn

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 08:13:21 am »

Ever since I updated my library has been totally corrupted with multiple listings of the same music files.  Reverted to a library Backup but then it adds the duplicates (that don't exist) to my library ? Can I revert back to the previous version?  If So how?

Update:
Moved/Deleted all the cue and m3u files from the music library...problem solved library now listing correctly.

pocarrie

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 08:55:16 am »

Even with this release there's the same problem.
"Recent Albums" shows results in a random and confused manner, not in correct order.
Every time I must re-install 20.0.30 version (the only one that is not affected by this bug) and rebuild the library from a backup.   
It's very annoying because for me "Recent Albums" is the more used visualization.
Please try to fix it...  :-[

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 08:56:03 am »

Make sure you're using MC20.0.41.  Then see Matt's advice on CUE files in another thread.

msch997

• Recent member

Hi

Installed 20.0.41 today and wanted to send a playlist to a USB drive to be played in my vehicle.

Send to external devices now only shows CD burner, nothing available under Drives and Devices can be accessed.

Thank You

dandill

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 09:08:15 am »

Is there a way to still use a USB DAC (Music Streamer II) with JRiver Media Center 20 WDM driver?

Tools > Options > Audio Device > JRiver Media Center 20 (JRiver Media Center 20) [Direct Sound] ?

Thanks for any help.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 09:34:33 am »

Is there a way to eliminate (option switch somewhere in settings) the confirmation box to the Clear Playing Now command?  The confirmation box prevents clearing the playlist from a remote device using JRemote!

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.41 -- No sound
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 12:41:40 pm »

I installed the latest version of MC now I don't get any sound.  What's happening.

Skylar ?

TigerNightmare

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 12:43:42 pm »

Been having a strange issue with updates. I use portable installs, but it doesn't update correctly. It installs into the default Program Files directory if I try to update through the prompt within MC20.

Another thing with the installer that happens is if I try to manually type in the install destination, pressing enter quits out of the installation. I have to use the mouse to click on next or it won't work.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »

I had to click 'disable MC' and the sound came back.

?

AlexSind

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 04:52:35 pm »

Hello!
The recently added "Would you like to clear Playing Now? This will stop playback" dialog interferes with JRemote's "Clear Playing Now" action. In other words, with this change, it's impossible to clear Playing Now from JRemote.
Could you please fix this, by allowing to disable this dialog in JRiver?

pocarrie

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 03:50:02 am »

Make sure you're using MC20.0.41.  Then see Matt's advice on CUE files in another thread.

Thanks, I've excluded .cue files from auto-import and now the problem seems to be solved.
Nice!  ;D

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 09:11:09 am »

...might not be your main concern...

the news on the start tab refers to MC19...
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 11:25:05 am »

...might not be your main concern...

the news on the start tab refers to MC19...

What do you mean?

This is the start page:
http://jriver.com/start.html

And it references 20.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

alanrr

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 07:03:55 pm »

I have a Tascam US-366 running windows 8.1, after updating to the 20.0.41 my pc crashes when I try to play anything. I've deleted MC and reinstalled but the same thing happens. I cannot play using the Tascam US366 WASAPI driver.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 07:25:24 pm »

I have a Tascam US-366 running windows 8.1, after updating to the 20.0.41 my pc crashes when I try to play anything. I've deleted MC and reinstalled but the same thing happens. I cannot play using the Tascam US366 WASAPI driver.

Does the Tascam offer ASIO output?  If so, try that.

alanrr

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 08:23:51 pm »

I did, it worked.  Thank you.

JoeBloe

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.41 -- Unexpected selection behavior
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 09:24:43 am »

Files are grouped by folder... when ctrl-selecting various items with the mouse it loses the previous selections. So if I select 5 items then scroll down and try to ctrl-select 3 more I am left with only 3 items selected.
Have never noticed this issue before, so I am assuming it started when MC did its auto-update to 41 from the last stable version.

EDIT: Saw same behavior in earlier iteration of v20 that I had on laptop.  ? Must not have made selections like that before. But it is still unexpected. Makes selecting various groups of files more of a pain.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 01:24:27 pm »

What do you mean?

This is the start page:

And it references 20.

... please see attachment
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 03:57:01 pm »

... please see attachment

I'm totally confused by your screenshot.

I just ran MC20 with it set to Start.  Fiddler shows the transaction as:

And it shows the v20 information.

I have no idea what it's showing for you.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 11:18:47 am »

I'm totally confused by your screenshot.

I just ran MC20 with it set to Start.  Fiddler shows the transaction as:

And it shows the v20 information.

I have no idea what it's showing for you.

It's an item of purely sporting interest - we should spend our time with more important things. ;)

Best regards to your team
Bernhard

fridden

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 01:33:46 pm »

I have a problem when using the new style tag window (? not sure what to call it, but I press ENTER and click Tag in the action window).

Usually when I fill out a field I get completion through a list that pops up while typing.
But now If I don't have any tracks selected the list will be empty.
If I select a track (or several tracks) the list will (correctly) contain items used in this field.
If I use the ordinary tag window the list will contain items even if no tracks are selected.

Sorry if my description of the problem isn't very clear.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this?

/fridden

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 08:27:52 pm »

Thumbnail text is not always being truncated correctly:

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 01:50:29 pm »

When last track of an album is finished playing, playing now/player displays this:

Name          file name
Ipc              live://ipc?pipe=00000354&streaming=1

What does this mean?   Is it related to another problem I am having with JRemote where playing now track list is not refreshed with new album but retains previous track list (see post in JRemote forum)?

MC20.0.41 Windows, media files shared from Mac OS Mavericks via ethernet to Win7 on Mac Mini bootcamp partition.

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 08:39:47 am »

When a flac file is imported with the genre tag empty it does not show on recent until I fill the genre tag.
Not a bad g deal but it was not the case before.
Thanks

Atlasstar

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2014, 12:16:43 pm »

(5. Changed: Added a confirmation box to the Clear Playing Now command.)

Is there a way to disable this confirmation? It's a problem when connecting remotely with my phone as the control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up