INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting files from album causing MC to refresh/reset search  (Read 1122 times)

robojock

• Recent member
Deleting files from album causing MC to refresh/reset search
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:03:26 am »

Hi,

I posted a question here about doing a search of files in the album tree. Matt gave a reply which I understand, my problem is that it is not consistant. I am busy cleaning up my collection and using the search to find artist with title and if they appear on more than one album/compilation I delete the duplicates. If I delete a song it causes the search to reset because that was the only song on that album. If I select the thumbnail and then delete it, it does not reset the search. Which is what I want because it is a pain to constantly retype what I am searching for. I know of the new feature where MC saves recent searches but that is still a process to go and select the last search.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deleting files from album causing MC to refresh/reset search
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:28:44 am »

Why don't you just set up a View (or smartlist) that searches for duplicates?? The way you are doing it, even if the search parameters could be saved, seems extra work.

When you finished the list, or view, would be empty. But on adding more stuff it would autopopulate if you forgot and reimported. Using the tree on top of it is tedious to say the least unless you have a very small library.

Shout if you need help doing this. But the wiki is a good place to start.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 11:33:31 am »

just a thought but some dups are truly not dups...they could be a different version a longer version or sung by someone else in the group and even a instrumental...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:44 am »

just a thought but some dups are truly not dups...they could be a different version a longer version or sung by someone else in the group and even a instrumental...
yes depends how you define them I use at least duration and name and artist. However, compilations often have 2 seconds difference even if they are identical.  There is also an issue with which "master is better", but the new audio analysis helps with that a bit for me

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 02:10:55 pm »

Another view (the completist) would say that even precisely the same song is not a duplicate if it appears on another album, as deleting it would render that album incomplete

In this world of streaming singles it's not a popular view but I'm hardly the only completist...there are no duplicates in my world

I digress though, arindelle was correct although I'd definitely use a smart list and not a view
Pages: [1]   Go Up