INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird issue when recording a programme  (Read 2729 times)

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
Weird issue when recording a programme
« on: November 26, 2014, 01:02:29 am »

Last night i was watching a programme that was being recorded simultaneously it finished late and there was another programme due to be recorded straight after on the same channel right after it finished.
MC stopped playing obviously started recording the next programme on the same channel but when i tried to play this back it would not play back the picture just kept freezing.
Is this a known issue?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Weird issue when recording a programme
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 07:39:53 pm »

Are you recording in TS or JTV format?

What version of MC are you running?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 12:12:24 am »

Jtv
Using the latest build

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:04:23 am »

Well I'm still on the earlier 20.0.33, but I haven't seen anything of this issue.

I do tend to record a bunch of stuff, often consecutive programs, and start watching a bit late so I can Time Shift and skip the ads.

In fact if you are using JTV format for recording, which means that the recording and Time Shifting files are the very same files, then the first program shouldn't have stopped playing unless you stopped it. MC should just keep on playing the channel you are watching and flow into the next program.

So if the playback stops at the end of the first program, and you didn't stop it, something is wrong there. The in that case it is not surprising that the second program would not play. It sounds like something got corrupted.

If this was a once off I would say; Reboot the PC, delete the corrupted files, and see if it happens again.

If this has happened more than once, then I guess you will need to submit a log or look into it yourself and see if you can see a problem. Perhaps go through the Lockup/Crash investigation process and see if anything shows up.

So first, was this a once off?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 08:44:25 pm »

i have seen this behaviour before. i will try again and see what happens!

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 08:18:30 am »

Yaobing

I have just had the same problem whilst recording again.

I was recording 2 shows and whilst the 1 show ended a new programme sutrarted recording right after. As soon as i tried to start to play backl the next programme MC would not let me play the programme just the end of the last programme being recorded and interestingly instead of recorded tv showing a thumbnail it just showed a picture of a movie camera.

Would a log help to deciefer the problem?

thanks

Dave

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 08:25:43 am »

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 04:35:02 pm »

I have been sifting through your log.

So far I have found the following:

First you had a couple of recordings that were not overlapping in any way, and finished.

Next, at about 8 PM, another recording started.

A little over an hour later you started watching the same channel that was being recorded. 

5 seconds later you pressed "Next", to switch channel, 3 seconds later another "Next", 2 and half seconds later, another "Next".  This was when it appeared to be stuck.

I have not finished reading the rest of your log.  Can you confirm what I have seen was what you experienced?

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 05:04:44 pm »

yes basically i couldnt watch the show being recorded, so i watched it on another channel.. channel 1 which is an sd version of the same channel.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 07:07:45 pm »

Which channel was it that you had trouble with?

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 02:36:47 am »

101 BBC One Hd was being recorded 2 shows one after the other i then tried to watch the 2nd show being recorded (from the thumbnail in recorded tv) but it would play just got to the end of the previous recording.
I then decided to watch the programme on 1 BBC one (Sd) and that was fine.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 03:42:07 pm »

Just a thought. I think you said previously elsewhere that when you played the second program it played for a while and then stopped.

Is it still doing that?

If you select the icon for the second program and start playing it, and it is still recording, it will start from the beginning of the recording if my memory serves me correctly, which means that it will first play the end of the previous program which has been included either because of padding time added at the beginning of the second program, or because the earlier program ran over time.

When MC does this it will show on the progress bar where you are currently up to, and the expected end time of the current program, which in this case is the first program. If you either play or scoll past the expected end of the first program, MC will then display on the progress bar the expected start and end of the second program, and where you are up to in it.

I was just wondering if when you saw that the end of the first program was playing, instead of scrolling forward in time you just stopped play, or changed channels, which would mean you never got to see that the second program was indeed recorded and available to play.

Sorry for making that sound complex, or if you have tried all this.
Simple version: Just play from the second programs icon in MC and scroll forward to you get to the second program.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 02:06:38 am »

No if i select the icon being recorded it will not even open (just a purple recording icon movie camera it looks like) and will stop at the end of the last programme recorded on that channel.
Its really weird.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 02:51:08 am »

Yaobing

Same problem happened to be last night. This time i have attached the log file and the recorded jtv file.
Basically i was recording 3 subsequent programmes on channel 102 staring with operation grand canyon and then top gear and then james may toy stories. Everything was fine until top gear over ran a little and i was  watching time shifted version it stopped as before when time shifting caught up with live tv and so i tried to start watching from the next programme but again it just refused to play.
This morning i tried to play back the 3rd programme i recorded and it does not play. I have attached the log files to see if you can understand what is going on.
I have also put the jtv file on dropbox and have sent you a link to download it. Its a big file mind 6gb.

http://wikisend.com/download/664272/JRiver%20Log%202014-12-28%2008-24-53.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hm1eym71y2avgv8/AADeHPg-jIrO8xZinKd2qzGqa?dl=0

thanks

Dave

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 07:41:52 am »

I spent a lot of time yesterday to look at your latest log and the sample recordings.  So far, I see there is a problem, but still do not know what caused it.

As soon as your third recording was started, your device stopped streaming data.

I will keep looking for clues.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 12:59:27 pm »

Next time the same problem occur to you, try stop watching, and cancel recording.  After canceling, try watching the channel live.  If you are not able to watch the same channel, then probably the satellite signal is lost.  If you are able to watch, then something else is wrong.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 04:14:06 am »

yes i have tried that and it still does not play either live or from the recording. Maybe it has something to do with the no signal issue when not stopping a programme and putting the pc to sleep issue i have seen.

another thing i notice whilst grouping my channels for both tuners if i go into channel list and try to watch the channel / s grouped it will only play the anchor channel of the group

for example  bbc one i have a group with 2 tuners the anchor channel will play from the channel list (in edit mode) if i try and play the member it wont play. is this behaviour correct or could this be the reason i am having no signal issues in certain circumstances?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 10:15:45 am »

People do not usually play a channel from the Edit Channel list.  That is probably why I did not bother to make if work playing a member channel from there.  In actual playback situation, the member channel will play, if the anchor channel can not be played due to lack of tuner for it.

You can test it by making all tuners for the anchor channel busy, then try playing it.  MC should play a member channel, and you can verify it by right-click, "DirectShow filters" menu.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 04:49:27 pm »

thanks yaobing. still not sure whats going on.  ill keep you posted
Pages: [1]   Go Up