INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade from 18.0.212 to 20.0.41  (Read 909 times)

Bulkhead

• Recent member
Upgrade from 18.0.212 to 20.0.41
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:23:27 am »

Hello,

I just installed 20.0.41 in preparation to buy an upgrade, but need guidance. It should be noted that I searched the forum for posts related to this problem but didn't find any specific to my situation so perhaps it is unusual.

It appears that none of my settings nor library information from my current v18 install were transferred or copied to the new install. Like many of you, I have customized views, playlists, keywords, and networked file locations that I would like to retain.

I really don't want to recreate everything.

I accepted the default express installation option when installing v20. My previously installed v18 instance is still installed and available in its own directory.

Can someone explain what steps need to be taken to transfer current settings in v18 to v20 please.

Thank you for your help.
Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead....

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Upgrade from 18.0.212 to 20.0.41
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:30:05 am »

i think what u need to do is install ver 19 (it is a 30 day free trial) 18 should transfer to 19 then install 20

or you could try a back up from 18 to 20
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Bulkhead

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:40:35 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I uninstalled v20 and then went through the installation process again to specify "custom" installation. I wanted to see if there was an option to specifically upgrade, but there wasn't.

After v20 was installed again, I did a restore of my most recent library backup in v18. It appears to have worked.

Please advise if there is anything that doesn't copy over when following this process or if I should really go through a sequential upgrade to ensure all features are migrated correctly.

Thanks
Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead....

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:42:57 am »

I think you should have what you need now...I'm sure someone will chime in if not...enjoy ver 20

btw...lov ur icon...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up