INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback Issue  (Read 9496 times)

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
Playback Issue
« on: September 07, 2016, 10:23:21 am »

Hi,

over the past few weeks I have been having a lot of playback issues and I did not have them before. What happens is that I will play an album and somewhere during the playback the music will stop playing and then it seems that my streamer cannot find the file. After a pause and what appears to be a reset the next song in the list will start to play. Usually the next song will play and then that is the end of playback. If I look at the que there will only be one song. I have windows defender on my server system and I made some changes as suggested in the forum and then set the logging and played an album. The problem occurred on the 2nd to last song. I will attach the log .zip file.

Thank you,
Jerry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 10:31:18 am »

What is the "streamer"?

Are you playing to it from MC?

Or are you using it to play from MC?

Where is the control?

User AndrewFG has a program that analyzes renderers.  More than a few don't work as expected.

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 12:25:36 pm »

Hi,

I am using and Ayon S-5 for playback and my server is the HFX AssetNAS. The server has MC on it and I play it through a router. The Ayon S-5 gets its signal through an ethernet cable. It was working very well until a few weeks ago.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 12:32:11 pm »

The Ayon S-5 apparently supports UPnP.  Please try AndrewFG's program.  You will find him on the Media Network board.

If you had it working, did the settings change?

Try powering everything down and back up.  All the network and all the devices.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 12:55:35 pm »

As JimH suggests, you can try the DMR Anlalyzer application from the link in my sig..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 02:31:25 pm »

Jim,

I cannot find anywhere were the settings changed. I did power down everything and then turned it all back on. I was hopping that my log file that I attached to the first message would give some insight.

I will download the program when I get home tonight and run it.

What information will it provide?

Jerry

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 02:32:19 pm »

Thank you Andrew. I will do that tonight. What kind of information does it provide?

Jerry

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 06:02:43 pm »

You might read some of Andrew's posts on the Media Network board. 

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 12:30:26 am »

Thank you Andrew. I will do that tonight. What kind of information does it provide?

Jerry

Please post the test log here. It will tell us the exact capabilities of your player, and therefore the best settings of MC to support it..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 11:29:43 am »

Hi,

I believe this is the test log. I made the changes last night that the program recommended. This morning I played a few albums and the playback issued happened on the second album.

Jerry

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 12:21:56 pm »

That file might be empty.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 01:23:07 pm »

I believe this is the test log. I made the changes last night that the program recommended. This morning I played a few albums and the playback issued happened on the second album.

Unfortunately that was the wrong file. :(  And indeed, as JimH says, it was empty. :P

You need to post the renderer report - see the screenshot below..

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 03:27:14 pm »

Hi,

indeed it is empty. Strange because I saved the report by hitting the saved button. For clarification- I run a report on my Ayon S-5 and the hit the save button. That's it right?

Jerry

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 08:58:15 pm »

Hi,

Ok, hopefully this has some information to review. I have attached a renderer report that I just ran.

Jerry

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 12:40:30 am »

Thank you for the report. It pretty much indicates that the player is as close to perfect as you could get. So I think you probably do indeed have an issue on the MC server side. What media format are you playing? Are you transcoding to PCM / WAV / L16? Is your media on a local hard disk, or a NAS? Did you try turning off your anti virus software?

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 07:57:48 am »

I run the music as its original format. My music files are on music server from a Austrian company- HFX. It is their AssetNAS D4 unit. The music files go through a router (access point) and then to my Ayon S-5 through an Ethernet cable.

The anti virus software is Windows defender. I am not sure how to turn it off. Maybe I should uninstall it.

I configured a generic DNLA device to run the system and use the iPad app to play my music.

Jerry

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 08:01:41 am »

Please try playing local files (from your computer) instead of from the NAS.  This will help identify where the problem is.

Follow the instructions here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Taming_Windows_Defender

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 08:10:09 am »

Hi Jim,

I already made the changes to Windows defender a few days ago after reading an older post of yours.

I do not think I can play local files on my Ayon S-5. The S-5 does not have a USB connection on the back because it is sold as a music steaming device. I can make connections by optical or BNC but not USB. All of my music is on the server.

I guess I could attach my Dell computer or my Mac book to the Ayon my Ethernet cable and run MC through is that what you mean?

Jerry

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 08:39:28 am »

Play files from your computer to the DAC without using the NAS.

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 09:10:08 am »

Ok I will try that after I get home from work tonight. If it works without playback issues then what? Are their changes I can make in MC to improve the network communication?

Jerry

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 10:24:45 pm »

I did disable Windows Defender and it made no difference BTW.

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 03:37:16 pm »

I attached a computer to the Ayon S-5 and played through the Ethernet port and it worked with no skipping. My computer lost the connection somehow and then MC did not show it in the Overview section again. I gave up.

blgentry

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 03:44:40 pm »

I am using and Ayon S-5 for playback and my server is the HFX AssetNAS.

That NAS is advertised as just a NAS box:  A file server.  Is it a Windows system?  You seem to have MC installed and running on it.  Do I have that right?

The server has MC on it and I play it through a router.

I think I get that MC is on the NAS server.  What do you mean you play "through a router"?

The normal way to use MC is to use it's GUI interface to select songs and play them to playback devices that MC can see.  Sometimes these devices are network players like your S5.  It sounds like maybe you are using some sort of interface built in to the S5 to "pull" music from MC on the NAS box.

What interface are you using to play music?  MC via Windows GUI?  MC via JRemote?  A proprietary application for the S5?

Brian.

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 03:56:04 pm »

Hi Brian,

The MC is on a device called an AssetNAS. It runs Windows server 2011. The MC sends the files to the S-5 through my router. The S-5 is a streaming device. Everything was working great until a few weeks ago when I started to have playback issues as per the thread above. I can rarely play an album all the way through. The music files are all fine.  I checked those.

blgentry

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 07:23:30 pm »

I still have all of the same questions.  Let's start one at a time:

What interface do you use to play music with your system?

Brian.

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2016, 08:43:08 pm »

I use MC 21 for Windows

VR6

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 09:16:56 am »

Hi.

I have not been able to stop the skipping and missing songs on playback. I think I have tried just about everything I can think of short of paying my cable company extra money to give me another ISP address so I can have two separate networks, unless someone knows how to create two separate networks on one cable line.
Pages: [1]   Go Up