INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Problems  (Read 140306 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: WDM Problems
« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2015, 11:37:53 am »

Hi guys,

I would be grateful to get  any recommendations regarding the followings:
After installing new WDM, I faced extremely high-volume sharp noise appearing really randomize while playing youtube streaming files. it surely can hurt any speaker and I shall very appreciate your help to fixing the issue.

Regards,
Val

Hi Val.

I don't know what's happening but increasing the buffering in Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency is a good first step.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2015, 04:31:17 pm »

Still not working well.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2015, 04:42:03 pm »

Still not working well.
Please describe the problem and what you've tried.

tsanguine

• Recent member
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2015, 01:01:33 pm »

I am having an issue that I can't resolve. I'm running the newest beta version of MC20 on a trial basis. I am using the WDM driver and it works wonderfully for just about everything so far. It works for games, for Steam, for Spotify. The problem I'm having is with Plex Home Theater. I'm streaming a movie directly with no transcoding. The movie plays fine in Plex Home theater and in JRiver with no issues. Once I tell Plex that the output bitstreaming device is WASAPI JRiver the playback slows to about a frame every couple of seconds with no sound being played. The CPU on the computer is at 7% so it isn't being slowed due to performance that I can tell. Any ideas on why it doesn't like this setup? As soon as I switch the device setting in Plex to WASAPI ATI HDMI it again works as intended.

While I would prefer to use JRiver as my front end it is just really ugly. I'm amazed that there has been so much work into such an amazing piece of software but there has been little to no change in the visual appeal of the software since Theater view was introduced. It works great with a keyboard and mouse but isn't very pretty in my Home Theater.

I will try to create a video to clearly show what is happening instead of trying to describe it once I am home tonight.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2015, 01:05:58 pm »

I don't know why Plex isn't happy with JRiver's WDM driver, but you can customize Theater View in the options.  It also works with a Media Center Remote (Green Button).

tsanguine

• Recent member
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2015, 01:21:59 pm »

I will be asking my question on their forums as well. I'd entirely drop Plex in the Home Theater if JRiver was a bit more visually appealing and intuitive. I know there is a lot of customization that can be done but I'd rather not. I've been at this this game for a long time and don't want to spend the time. I want it to look as good as Plex, Media Browser, or at least MyMovies. I've been using front ends since myHTPC and Meedios were around but am really tired of spending so much time to get everything setup perfectly. I'm happy to settle for good enough. The quality of your Audio and Video is vastly superior to everyone else but your aesthetic and UI leave much to be desired. Just my humble opinion. Still love your product though. I come back to test it every six months or so and with the WDM driver, convolution, and room correction I think I'm finally ready to buy.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2015, 01:32:38 pm »

Did you look at the settings choices?  Skins, size, etc.

tsanguine

• Recent member
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2015, 01:40:59 pm »

To my knowledge there only one other Theater View Skin. http://accessories.jriver.com/mediacenter/accessories.php

It isn't in the same ball park as other offerings aesthetically. I've not seen anything in JRiver even with tweaking rival the look of MediaBrowser or Kodi. Of course your feature list and quality of Audio and Video is much better. I will say for the standard view MetroX looks great.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2015, 01:49:15 pm »

I'll split this thread later.

Try a search for JRiver Theater View at images.google.com

There are several on the Third Party board here.

tsanguine

• Recent member
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2015, 02:01:01 pm »

Thanks. Some of those look great. I guess I was expecting some of this to be easier to find. I don't know if it was been brought up earlier in this thread but in version 103 I can't get the WDM driver to install. As soon as I select to run the latest version in update channels I get an update and the driver installs just fine.

Well....  the one that looked great was never finished. MC:UX https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79340.50

The memorable quotes from that thread, "Hopefully J River will wake up one day and take theatre view out of the dark ages one way or another." and ..."yea I guess there is a reason why we get so few third party Theater View skins."

Back to the drawing board.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2015, 05:20:13 pm »

Anyone out there with an Echo AudioFire device having any luck with the WDM? I've tried every possible combination of latency settings, but I'm still getting clicks and pops. I've hit on what I thought was the perfect setting, and it will be good for a half hour to an hour, but then the stutter comes back. I make extensive use of the PEQ but no convolution. Active speaker setup using MC for 2.5 way speakers plus two subs on Win8.1.

Anytime I want to do any critical listening to a streaming service I have to fall back to ASIO Bridge which works perfectly.

vegasbluedevil

« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2015, 05:29:00 pm »

Can somebody please explain to me how to post a general question to the forum? Ugh, I guess I'm too stupid to use this forum, LOL. Sorry to invade your post yo.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2015, 05:40:56 pm »

Use "New Topic" in the upper right corner of the index page.

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2015, 04:36:22 pm »

Has anyone with the crackling issues had any luck in finding a work around?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: June 24, 2015, 12:09:53 am »

Please read the first post for instructions about buffering.

culliganman

« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2015, 10:19:11 am »

Has anyone with the crackling issues had any luck in finding a work around?

nope, I've given up

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #216 on: June 24, 2015, 10:26:58 pm »

I've had a WDM problem reappear in version 115 - namely large latency (around 0.5 sec). The windows sound control panel for the WDM driver shows the behaviour with the test tones.

Had the same problem about 3 or 4 updates ago. With an update it was fixed - no other changes.

So maybe it's a driver install problem. I have tried deselecting WDM driver in 'features', quitting jriver and restarting. The reselecting WDM driver. But this didn't fix it.

Any other suggestions? Or any idea if it will be fixed in the next version?

dmm

• World Citizen
WDM and linked zones
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2015, 03:09:20 pm »

I just started playing with the WDM driver and I am having trouble getting the driver to work with linked zones audio output.  

My HTPC running MC20 is the heart of my HT and 2 channel setup.  Depending on the application, I use the following audio outputs on my HTPC:
1. AMD video card HDMI audio out
2. Motherboard analog audio out (I have a gigabyte H81 AMP-UP motherboard with opamps and the sound is very good.
3. Motherboard SPDIF out to external DAC
4. Motherboard USB Audio out to external DAC.

Within MC20 I have no problems creating audio outputs for all 4 above and feeding linked zones feature to output the same audio to any or all of the devices above.  My issues start if I add the WDM driver to the mix.

I am trying to work around an issue with the spotify windows app.  Spotify will output to the windows default audio only.  There is no way to select a specific or multiple audio outputs.  I would like to use MC20 linked zone feature to send the audio out all interfaces simultaneously.

I have installed the latest version of MC20.  I have set the WDM driver as the windows audio default.  I can output the WDM incoming audio to one MC20 audio device with good sound.  However, if I link 2 or more zones, the audio only is played out of only one zone and it is garbled.  The IPC "playing now" stream shows up in all zones.  I have tried creating a null output zone and linking that into my linked zones.  I have tried using zoneswither as well.

So WDM in and out thru MC20 works for one zone.  Does not work for me with linked zones.  Suggestions?

dmm

• World Citizen
Re: WDM and linked zones
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2015, 02:03:18 pm »

Ok an update, it looks like I CAN link MC20 zones with the WDM driver and playback audio within MC20.  However, when I capture audio from outside MC20 I get the stuttering.

Here is my setup in more detail:
Win 7 default audio set to WDM driver.
Spotify app playing audio to WDM driver (as default windows output)
MC20 zoneswitch captures the "IPC" audio to a loopback zone defined with a "null output" audio device.
loopback zone is linked to the audio zones for all of my other output devices.
garbled stuttering output to one zone.  Silence to the others.

I just started playing with the WDM driver and I am having trouble getting the driver to work with linked zones audio output.  

My HTPC running MC20 is the heart of my HT and 2 channel setup.  Depending on the application, I use the following audio outputs on my HTPC:
1. AMD video card HDMI audio out
2. Motherboard analog audio out (I have a gigabyte H81 AMP-UP motherboard with opamps and the sound is very good.
3. Motherboard SPDIF out to external DAC
4. Motherboard USB Audio out to external DAC.

Within MC20 I have no problems creating audio outputs for all 4 above and feeding linked zones feature to output the same audio to any or all of the devices above.  My issues start if I add the WDM driver to the mix.

I am trying to work around an issue with the spotify windows app.  Spotify will output to the windows default audio only.  There is no way to select a specific or multiple audio outputs.  I would like to use MC20 linked zone feature to send the audio out all interfaces simultaneously.

I have installed the latest version of MC20.  I have set the WDM driver as the windows audio default.  I can output the WDM incoming audio to one MC20 audio device with good sound.  However, if I link 2 or more zones, the audio only is played out of only one zone and it is garbled.  The IPC "playing now" stream shows up in all zones.  I have tried creating a null output zone and linking that into my linked zones.  I have tried using zoneswither as well.

So WDM in and out thru MC20 works for one zone.  Does not work for me with linked zones.  Suggestions?

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2015, 10:07:39 pm »

I'm still having the same latency problem (around 0.5 sec) with ver 124.

Any ideas? WDM driver used to work fine

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2015, 02:07:48 am »

I'm disappointed that this WDM driver still seems to have the same issues and we are moving to the next release version. The only reason I bought jriver in the first place was because of the audio engine (which is brilliant) and the WDM driver.

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2015, 02:55:17 pm »

The idea of having a working WDM driver was the sole reason I purchased MC20. I have not given up hope of ever having that.

MellowVelo

• Recent member
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2015, 05:48:29 pm »

What's the chance that we'll be seeing the WDM feature implemented for the Mac version? What I would pay to have this feature...  :)

dmm

• World Citizen
Re: WDM and linked zones
« Reply #223 on: July 17, 2015, 01:11:47 pm »

still struggling....

Ok an update, it looks like I CAN link MC20 zones with the WDM driver and playback audio within MC20.  However, when I capture audio from outside MC20 I get the stuttering.

Here is my setup in more detail:
Win 7 default audio set to WDM driver.
Spotify app playing audio to WDM driver (as default windows output)
MC20 zoneswitch captures the "IPC" audio to a loopback zone defined with a "null output" audio device.
loopback zone is linked to the audio zones for all of my other output devices.
garbled stuttering output to one zone.  Silence to the others.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2015, 06:17:01 pm »

Seeing the same problem as BradC after updating from 124 to 131. Latency of about .5 second.
Cleared the problem by removing WDM driver from options, exited MC and then executed the MediaCenter200131.exe file directly to reinstall. Then renabled WDM driver in options. Latency then went back to normal.

Had a similar experience when doing the 115 to 124 update, on that occasion I had executed the 115 install file to downgrade as I thought the issue was related to the the 124 build.

Weird eh? (and a PITA)

Windows 7 x64 system ASUS DX2 sound card using WASAPI
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

rhallsw

• Recent member
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2015, 09:23:08 pm »

With JRiver 20.0.131 and Windows 8.1, I experience intermittent background noise when listening to Spotify premium using the WDM driver.  I have 2 zones named Player and WDM and have zone switch set up to activate WDM on Ipc input; all of this works correctly.  The noise is randomly separated scrapes or clicks at about every few seconds on average.  They are only moderately loud but are audible over the music.  If the music is paused, the clicks stop.  If I bypass the WDM driver when noise is present and play Spotify outside JRiver, the clicks are never present.  When the clicks are present, they appear to be unaffected by settings of the input and output buffering, unless these are set very low, whereupon they greatly increase.  Since I was never able to find a "sweet spot" for the two buffering parameters, I have the buffering parameters set at their recommended values.

Here is the maddening part.  On some days or even parts of days, the playback with WDM is quiet.  So far, I cannot figure out what distinguishes quiet and noisy conditions.  If the clicks are on Spotify, I should hear them whether or not WDM is used.  When the WDM playback is quiet, I am unable to trigger noise deliberately by surfing the net with a web browser (Firefox) or running other applications.  I will next try to correlate noise clicks with CPU activity in the Task Manager, and see if anything interesting can be found.  Rebooting has so far not given any consistent result.

Anyone else experiencing this particular type of noise problem?  Other than the intermittent background noise, WDM is working fine for me.  The zone switch is great and has made WDM much more stable; I used to crash WDM a fair bit, but not any more.  The big thing now is how to diagnose the WDM problem and correlate it with something happening on the computer.

culliganman

« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2015, 08:01:54 am »

With JRiver 20.0.131 and Windows 8.1, I experience intermittent background noise when listening to Spotify premium using the WDM driver.  I have 2 zones named Player and WDM and have zone switch set up to activate WDM on Ipc input; all of this works correctly.  The noise is randomly separated scrapes or clicks at about every few seconds on average.  They are only moderately loud but are audible over the music.  If the music is paused, the clicks stop.  If I bypass the WDM driver when noise is present and play Spotify outside JRiver, the clicks are never present.  When the clicks are present, they appear to be unaffected by settings of the input and output buffering, unless these are set very low, whereupon they greatly increase.  Since I was never able to find a "sweet spot" for the two buffering parameters, I have the buffering parameters set at their recommended values.

Here is the maddening part.  On some days or even parts of days, the playback with WDM is quiet.  So far, I cannot figure out what distinguishes quiet and noisy conditions.  If the clicks are on Spotify, I should hear them whether or not WDM is used.  When the WDM playback is quiet, I am unable to trigger noise deliberately by surfing the net with a web browser (Firefox) or running other applications.  I will next try to correlate noise clicks with CPU activity in the Task Manager, and see if anything interesting can be found.  Rebooting has so far not given any consistent result.

Anyone else experiencing this particular type of noise problem?  Other than the intermittent background noise, WDM is working fine for me.  The zone switch is great and has made WDM much more stable; I used to crash WDM a fair bit, but not any more.  The big thing now is how to diagnose the WDM problem and correlate it with something happening on the computer.

Yes I have the same problem on two different laptops. See my past history for more info. Sorry, I have no solutions for you. I tried everything that was told me and everything I could think of to isolate it. I have stopped using JR with Spotify because of the problem.

germanben

« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2015, 11:54:52 am »

Hope there will be a solution for my problem:
Windows 7 professional, MC 20.131, TIDAL streaming, Media PC with Windows remote control by an android tablet.
I installed the WDM driver, everything is working perfectly. Audio has the WDM driver. When I try to get access to windows by the tablet, the audio driver switches to "remote audio" and of course, I hear nothing. Thanks in advance, greetings from Germany

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2015, 11:57:32 am »

Hope there will be a solution for my problem:
Windows 7 professional, MC 20.131, TIDAL streaming, Media PC with Windows remote control by an android tablet.
I installed the WDM driver, everything is working perfectly. Audio has the WDM driver. When I try to get access to windows by the tablet, the audio driver switches to "remote audio" and of course, I hear nothing. Thanks in advance, greetings from Germany

How are you remotely controlling the PC?  I'm guessing RDP?  Try using a different remote control solution like VNC or teamviewer that don't mess with the audio device.

rhallsw

• Recent member
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2015, 07:40:39 am »

culliganman noted the following with respect to cracking noises on Spotify:
Yes I have the same problem on two different laptops. See my past history for more info. Sorry, I have no solutions for you. I tried everything that was told me and everything I could think of to isolate it. I have stopped using JR with Spotify because of the problem.

This would imply that intermittent faults on Spotify might be audible on JRiver (WDM) as crackling, but possibly not when WDM is out of circuit.  Since I have listened to the same music on Spotify with and without crackling, the faults (if present) are not in the source.  Too bad that Grooveshark (illegal) is gone; I would compare Spotify and Grooveshark with the same music.  Although Youtube is not a good comparison, I will check for the same problem on "music only" videos.  I would hate to drop premium Spotify, since their classical music collection is amazing; their pop and jazz are pretty good as well.  Last evening, there was no crackling on Spotify with WDM.  Wish that I knew what was different.

Any comments from JRiver?  Based on this thread, WDM is not fault-free yet, and some users are still having problems.  Wish I knew whether WDM was detecting errors in the stream and responding aubibly.  That you for your reply; it is nice to know someone else has observed these faults.

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2015, 03:44:59 am »

I was having a similar crackling problem with Spotify.

By increasing the both buffering options to near max fixed the problem for me.

The problem only started occurring for me with builds >= 124.

Try disabling WDM, reinstalling jriver, enabling jriver as suggested above

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2015, 07:49:50 am »

rhallsw - I have exactly the same problem. Some days it's flawless but most days it's not. It doesn't matter what streaming source I use. I've tried every combination of buffer settings with no success. Even if the max latency setting was the answer it would be a no go for video.

Edit: I want to add that it seems at this point the wdm just isn't stable for all systems. Of course, JRiver can't possibly test every configuration we might have. That said ASIO Bridge works fine on my system and afaik it works in the same way.

rhallsw

• Recent member
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2015, 07:17:18 pm »

Good suggestion to disable WDM and reinstall JRiver.  I had 20.0.131, disabled the driver and reinstalled 20.0.132.  Unfortunately, the level of crackling on Spotify was exactly the same as before the reinstall.  I have not yet tried reverting to an older JRiver version, say 20.0.123.

The question arises as to what is special about Spotify.  I have the higher res stream at 320k but this is ordinary by today's standards.  I have to try some other audio streams where music can be sampled, and see if the crackling occurs anywhere else.

rhallsw

• Recent member
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2015, 07:25:47 pm »

This time, I disabled the driver and installed 20.0.123.  No difference in the crackling on Spotify.  I am going to try some music sample streams, i.e., try before you buy, and see if the problem occurs anywhere else.

rhallsw

• Recent member
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:36 pm »

This time, I disabled the driver and installed 20.0.123.  No difference in the crackling on Spotify.  I am going to try some music sample streams, i.e., try before you buy, and see if the problem occurs anywhere else.

I followed my own suggestion and listened to some non-Spotify audio samples with WDM, namely HDTracks and Classics Online.  The cracking was definitely present on HDTracks.  On Classics Online, the samples are only a few seconds but I did detect crackles on one of them.  I would tentatively suggest that the problem is not unique to Spotify.  I cannot explain why the WDM audio crackling problem is not present on some days.  If the crackles were caused by small interruptions or drop-outs in the audio stream, the faults should be audible when JRiver is bypassed; however, I never hear crackling when JRIver is not the default device.  I have watched Task Manager but have not correlated the crackling with CPU/hard drive activity so far.  I was unable to reduce crackling by adjusting the 2 buffering parameters within reasonable limits.  Since WDM crackling is now a fault that several users have observed, we need some input from the JRiver experts.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2015, 04:37:55 am »

I have the crackling issue with ALL streaming sources....Spotify, Tidal, Amazon, Netflix, etc

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2015, 07:01:05 am »

If you haven't done so, read the WDM instructions.  The buffer size is probably the problem.

culliganman

« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2015, 08:03:08 am »

If you haven't done so, read the WDM instructions.  The buffer size is probably the problem.

I have done so and it isn't the problem. Others have also adjusted buffer size with no positive results.
Buffer size has helped some people and for others it is of no benefit to the crackling audio issue.

ML

• Recent member
WDM Problems PS Audio Perfectwave Dac Bridge
« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2015, 11:58:06 am »

I have MC 20 and Vista and it is the default output in playback devices.  I can't use the buffer settings under Options->Audio because I connect to DAC via DNLA (network card).

I use Asio successfully with files from DAC.

My output device is the Perfectwave Dac via its DNLA network card.  I can't get sound to Hifi when playing a youtube video or pandora or anything from a browser: Google Chrome or Firefox.

I can see IPC in playing now, but when I press play in MC, it doesn't play and i get a "There was a problem controlling the selected DNLA device..." error.

Sound files from my NAS play fine.  And, I am able to play some Connected Streams within MC.  Like NPR, but not pandora.  Although Pandora did show sound on the spectrum analizer once but nothing from the the speakers.  Often Pandore in connected media just shows the splash screen and locks-up MC and doesn't get to the actual playlist screen (even while CPU usage is only at 12%).

culliganman

WDM crackling audio with Spotify solved!
« Reply #239 on: January 04, 2016, 04:06:54 pm »

First of all I tried A LOT of things so if you want to know what I already tried look at my previous posts.
In addition to what I previously tried I also tried a Schiit Wyrd USB decrapifier and it made no difference.

Okay so what worked:

I purchased a Peachtree Audio X1 Asynchronous 24/192 USB to SPDIF Converter
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AEN0TA4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
I am using the Peachtree ASIO driver.

So far no crackling audio when using Spotify and JRiver.

Would anyone care to explain to me why this works when nothing I tried before worked?

culliganman

Upon further analysis
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2016, 08:46:04 pm »

Wow, over 250 views since I posted and no replies. I have found that while the crackling is gone, the audio is still not as clear intermittently as without WDM involved and I'm not talking about barely perceptible.
I have some issues with skipping when it first starts also. 
I'm not going to reiterate everything I've done again so look at past posts on this subject if you are interested in what I've already tried, buffers, dacs, analog out, two different computers, etc. 
So back to using Spotify without  WDM.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2016, 06:44:29 pm »

I've tried both Default Audio Device [Direct Sound] and Realtek High Definition Audio [Direct Sound].  Neither works.

Edit - I just tried Realtek High Definition Audio [WASAPI] and that works.  I hadn't tried it before as according to this thread I thought it was unsupported.

Further Edit - now Realtek High Definition Audio [Direct Sound] is working.  Maybe I screwed up trying it before.

Further, further edit.  Realtek High Definition Audio [Direct Sound] is working for music playing in MC20 but not for system sounds. That explains my previous experience.

Further, further, further edit.  Using Realtek High Definition Audio [Direct Sound] or [WASAPI] I can now get some volume on system sound (most of the time) and on the web (YouTube) but it is very low, and I cannot adjust it.

This may sound silly, but have you tried the following? In MC, turn the "System Volume" to 100%, then change the volume control to control "Application Volume".

Escaiguolquer

« Reply #242 on: January 21, 2016, 09:51:24 am »

What device do you have selected under Options-->Audio in JRiver?  You haven't mentioned that.  You should have the realtek selected if that is your actual sound output device.  When the WDM driver is the default device JRiver is routing the system audio output to whatever is selected as the output device in JRiver.  If you select the "default" in JRiver you just create a closed loop that goes nowhere.

To be clear: to enable the WDM driver, the JRiver WDM should be the default in the Windows Mixer (i.e. control panel), but you should select your actual output device (i.e. the realtek) in JRiver's Audio Options.

HI.
Maybe my question has already been answered, but I speak bad English language, and although I read the post have not found the answer. And in the Spanish forum has not spoken on this issue and there are few participants.

In the sound options on my PC, there isnīt the option of Select MC as an output device, are only the default ones and my dac if connected. The WDM JRiver not on the Windows playback devices.

I am also a user of Tidal, and the preferences of the app is not as audio output device MC.

Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2016, 10:15:44 am »

The instructions are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92593.msg637430#msg637430

Maybe you missed this:
Please Note: In build 96 and above, the feature is off by default.  Please turn it on in Tools > Options > General > Features.  You may need to install again.

Escaiguolquer

« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2016, 11:34:46 am »

The instructions are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92593.msg637430#msg637430

Maybe you missed this:

Many, many, many thanks, Jim !!

My problem has been solved, I can finally enjoy JRiver.

Greetings from Spain.

atesz007

• Recent member
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2016, 06:05:26 am »

Hello!

i have a problem with WDM driver on Windows 10 64bit. JRiver device is listed as unknown. Cannot install driver. Tried to install manually from jriver install folder. It said windows found driver but error occured during install. Incorrect data or parameters.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2016, 08:23:59 am »

Please try the build from the top of this board.  21.0.42.

atesz007

• Recent member
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2016, 08:31:03 am »

I have this version. It is a clean windows install.

Arindelle

« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2016, 08:42:06 am »

I have this version. It is a clean windows install.
try excluding JRiver programs from your firewall. (or disabling it during the install). You must be on an administrator acct in Windows too, of course.

atesz007

• Recent member
« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2016, 08:46:32 am »

The first i did after install was disable firewall and defender.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up