INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why did my display size change  (Read 1967 times)

katlady

• nothing more to say...
why did my display size change
« on: February 17, 2003, 08:24:39 pm »

i was trying media jukebox for the first time and while a visualization was showing, i hit a button that made it the fullscreen size. i then hit a button to reduce it, and my entire display is now reduced. i've rebooted and it still is small. i tried going to the control panel but it's still set at 1024x768. what can i do to get my full screen back?

katlady

• nothing more to say...
Re: why did my display size change
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 08:41:41 pm »

well, if i change the display setting to 1152x864 the full screen is again utilized but everything is a bit smaller. what happened to my 1024x768 setting?

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 03:27:59 am »

what happened to my 1024x768 setting?

Do you mean that 1024x768 is no longer a choice in your Display settings? I can't imagine that 1152x864 is available, but 1024x768 isn't.

When I was using MJ8 I also had a similar problem whenever I accidentally switched to full screen mode. In my case, the resolution wasn't changed, but the refresh rate was. Changing the refresh back to it's optimal setting always fixed the problem. I'm sure it has something to do with your video card display drivers and MJ conflicting. Try making sure you have the most recent drivers available for your card.

Rob

katlady

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 05:47:21 am »

the 1024x768 setting is there, but when activated the image does not fill up the screen. i will try reinstalling the driver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2003, 05:58:44 am »

In MJ, right click on the visualization and set your image size to use "desktop resolution".  Then there will be no change when you go to full screen.

When you change your screen size in control panel, try turning your monitor off and back on.

rocketsauce

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 06:17:53 am »

when activated the image does not fill up the screen

You probably just need to make adjustments of the size and geometry settings on your monitor to fix that. Also try different refresh rates. I have my monitor set to 1024x768, but if I set the refresh rate to Optimal or any other rate or the rate recommended in the monitor's manual (85 Hz) the image doesn't fill the screen. When I set it to 75 Hz it does.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up