INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Curious user interface freezing issue  (Read 708 times)

Rockets71

• Recent member
Curious user interface freezing issue
« on: November 30, 2014, 11:26:46 am »

Hello all,
I have been experiencing a strange phenomenon with the interface since last year when I installed MC19 (I previously had MC18). I have now installed MC20, and the problem is continuing. The audio output is unaffected, so it hasn't been a big priority for me to fix it, but since I have a little free time at the moment I thought I might see what people think here on the forum.

Specifically, when I am playing music (generally this is my primary use of MC), every minute the user interface "freezes" for 5 seconds, then resumes. The time on the playback holds for 5 seconds at the same time (so if the program is at 5 seconds it displays 5 seconds, then when the freeze is over it jumps to 10 seconds and the clock continues as normal). As I mentioned above, there is no discernible impact on the audio output, it seems mainly to be a cosmetic irritation. During the freeze it isn't possible to do anything with the program (volume adjustment, menu items, etc. all are inaccessible or unresponsive for the duration of the freeze), but all is normal when the freeze is over.

For full disclosure, I have the program installed on a SSD, and the temp files are on a 10K raptor, with other files stored on an additional separate spinning drive. All the music is on a RAID1 NAS. I have the pre-buffering set to 20 seconds (I don't know if this matters). Finally, I still have MC18 and MC19 installed (I was unsuccessful at uninstalling MC18). Any constructive thoughts are greatly appreciated (with the understanding that my level of technical expertise is novice at best).

Thank you!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Curious user interface freezing issue
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 01:25:58 pm »

not sure how you are setup, to a TV or to a PC monitor. I'd first check your video drivers, maybe take off full screen exclusive mode if you are talking about theater view. Standard view is not as affected usually.

Regardless, I'd switch the temp files on the SSD, they don't take up much space. If you change the setting in options, I'd rebuild the thumbnails too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up