INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloading music to SD Card?  (Read 8504 times)

ed1951

Downloading music to SD Card?
« on: December 01, 2014, 02:31:21 pm »

The Pono app (20.0.40) apparently does not detect my SD Card, which was preloaded with two Elton John albums when I received my PonoPlayer. I use a Mac with OS X 10.10 as operating system. The player itself detects and is able to play the preloaded music. When I expand Devices on the Pono app, all I see is 'PonoPlayer (/Volumes/PONOPLAYER/)'. No where in the computer app do I see detection of the SD Card when the player is synced to the computer. Library Info on my PonoPlayer shows 'Internal: 32.0 GB used of 58 GB' and 'SD: 3.6 GB used of 60 GB). Please help so I can sync music to the SD Card. Thank You!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Downloading music to SD Card?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 02:54:31 pm »

mlemich

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:08:41 pm »

Hi ed1951,

I had this problem which I fixed using Disk Utility. First of all I did a backup of the microSD witch was mounted on the Desktop with the name "Untitled." :)
In Disk Utility the format of "Untitled" was "ExFAT." I just reformatted this volume as "MS-DOS (FAT)", changed its name (optional) and copied the backup in the new-formatted microSD. And all went fine.

I hope this work for you.

Hello Patti Smith!

F1Turbo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 08:33:42 pm »

I'm using a microSD card formatted ExFat, on OS X Yosemite, and was able to load files onto it which played on the Pono.  However, when I tried to backup the microSD card included with my Pono (Tom Petty LE), my Mac did not recognize the card (still working on trying to get PMW to transfer files from my Mac to the Pono player).  Does anyone know what format the cards are that Pono uses?  Is there a list of what SD card formats the Pono player supports?

MikeEvangelist

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 08:54:32 am »

I'm using a microSD card formatted ExFat, on OS X Yosemite, and was able to load files onto it which played on the Pono.

What size is the card that works? Perhaps the microSD adapter you're using with your Mac doesn't support 64GB cards (like the one which came with the Pono?) The Pono-supplied card works fine for me under Yosemite (using a Lexar USB adapter).

F1Turbo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 05:45:57 pm »

What size is the card that works? Perhaps the microSD adapter you're using with your Mac doesn't support 64GB cards (like the one which came with the Pono?) The Pono-supplied card works fine for me under Yosemite (using a Lexar USB adapter).

Thanks for the tip.  The card that worked was 64GB.  The Mac I'm using is a new iMac Retina 5K with SDXC card support.  I just tried a 128GB card, and that one worked fine too.  I then tried the SD adapter that came with 128GB card with the Pono card and was able to read it, so now I was able to back it up.  Both the SD card adapters (and microSD cards I purchased) were made by Samsung.  All cards are ExFAT format, so I guess that's a (the?) standard format Pono uses. 

So now that I can put music on my cards, just need to figure out how to manage files on the Pono itself.  When I tried to sync music on PMW, it started syncing my entire library instead of just the files I dragged in. 

F1Turbo

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:03:13 pm »

Both the SD card adapters (and microSD cards I purchased) were made by Samsung.

Correction:  128GB card and adapter made by Sandisk, and adapter specifically says "microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC.  64GB card is made by Samsung and adapter only says microSD.  My mistake. 

MikeEvangelist

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 06:04:53 pm »

adapter only says microSD.

Glad you figured it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up